UPSC Recruitment 2013 For Combined Medical Service Examination Through Advertisement No. 6/2013
Examination Notice No: 06/2013-CMS Date: 6-April-2013
Union Public Service Commission through its recruitment Notification No. 06/2013 is inviting Online Recruitment Application (ORA) for Combined Medical Service Examination 2013.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Number of vacancies: The exact numbers of vacancies are not announced yet. Reservation to the upcoming vacancies will be made as per the central government regulations for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates.
Important dates to reckon for:
- Last Date of submission of Online Application: 6-May-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Date for declaration of written test results: September/ October 2013
Details of List of Services to which the candidates will be subjected:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in Indian Railways
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factory Health Service
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service
- General Duty Medical Officer (Gr-II) in East, North and South Delhi Municipal Corporation
- General Duty Medical Officer (Gr-II) in New Delhi Municipal Corporation
Plan of Examination:
The Combined Medical Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Combined Medical Services Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Combined Medical Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
(iii) Candidates completing the Preliminary Examination successfully will be allowed to appear in the main examination only.
The applicants should not have crossed the max age of 32 years as on 1-January-2013 to be eligible to apply.
However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a final MBBS Degree of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
The candidates who are awaiting their final results or yet to appear the final examination of MBBS can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination.
The candidates who have not completed their compulsory internship can also apply for the posts provided they will only be selected for joining only after completion of internship
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PWD candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website – http://www.upsc.gov.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in