Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has been entrusted by the state government of Uttar Pradesh for competent selection of candidature for various jobs in the state and district cadre. UPPSC with its recent announcement is inviting applications for recruitment of Food Safety Officers under Food Safety and Drug Administration Department of Uttar Pradesh through a recruitment examination for the year 2014.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of publication of Notification: 14-July-2014
- Starting date for receipt of Completed Application (online): 14-July-2014
- Last date for remittance of Application Fees at the bank: 11-Aug-2014
- Last date for final Online submission of Applications: 16-Aug-2014
(Applications will be accepted only when fee is deposited in the Bank)
- Date for calculation of Age (except where indicated otherwise): 01-Jul-2014
Details of Vacancies to be filled up:
- Food Safety Officer (Under Food Safety and Drug Administration Department of Uttar Pradesh): 430 Posts (Gen-215, SC-90, ST-08, OBC-117)
- The candidates selected for these positions will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 in PB-II as per competent norms.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules.
- The candidates interested for these positions should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Bio-Technology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Post-Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine to be eligible to apply for these posts.
- The candidates interested for these posts must have obtained a minimum age of 21 years and should not have exceeded 40 years (for General category) as on 01-July-2014 with applicable relaxation in upper age limit for other classes.
- Other qualifications being equal, candidates having 2 years service experience in Territorial Army / NCC ‘B’/ NCC ‘C’ certificate will be preferred for Employment and offered special consideration.
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 115 (Exam fee Rs.100 + Online processing fee Rs.15)
- Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe from UP: Rs. 55 (Exam fee Rs.40 + Online processing fee Rs.15)
- Physically Handicapped from UP: Rs. 15 (only Online processing fee)
- The fee can be deposited through the system generated e-Challan/ or through i-Collect at any branch of State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank and thereafter need to uploaded to the Online Application System for complete submission of application.
- Any correction in the application should be done by a fresh application and a fresh application fee will be required for such applications.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted.
The candidates will be selected on a Merit listing with any/ all of the following stages of selection as per the discretion of the UPPSC.
- Stage-I: Preliminary Examination (Written Test of Scrutiny)
- Stage-II: Interview/ Viva-Voice (oral)
- Stage-III: Medical Fitness Test (if any)
How to Apply:
The interested candidates can apply only through ONLINE mode of application as available through the website of UPPSC at http://uppsc.up.nic.in
All candidates are requested to go through the detailed advertisement at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/View_Enclosure.aspx?ID=706&flag=E&FID=293 in order to verify the necessary information before applying.
There will be three stages for complete submission of Application:
- Stage-I will be general registration with basic information and bio-data.
- Stage-II will be regarding submission of fees through the system generated E-challan and final submission of application.
- Stage-III must be completed along with depositing the fee at the State Bank of India or PNB. At this stage the candidate has to scan and upload their photograph and signature.
- A Hardcopy of the application along with all necessary documents to be preserved with the candidates for future reference.
- The Application once submitted, will not be allowed to be modified.
- Any improper or misleading information may lead to disqualification of candidature.