Combined Junior Engineer (General Recruitment) Examination 2013 & Combined Junior Engineer Physically Handicapped (Backlog/ Special Recruitment) Examination 2013
With the recent notification, the UPPSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of 2779 Junior Engineers (2747 General + 32 PWD) through Combined Junior Engineer Examination-2013-2014.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of publication of Notification: 24-Dec-2013
- Starting date for Online Registration of Application: 24-Dec-2013
- Last date for remittance of Application Fees at the bank: 20-Jan-2014
- Last date for Online Submission of Application: 24-Jan-2014
(Applications will be accepted only when fee is deposited in the Bank)
- Last date for final receipt of Hardcopy of the applications (by Personally/ Speed Post/ Registered Post): 03-Feb-2014 by 5:00 PM
- Date for calculation of Age: 01-Jul-2013
- Date of Examination: Will be notified through the Admit Card
Details of Vacancies to be filled up:
- Junior Engineer-Civil under Irrigation Dept.: 2100 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Mechanical under Irrigation Dept.: 449 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Agriculture under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 88 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Civil under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 52 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Mechanical under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 35 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Civil under Ground Water Dept.: 11 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Mechanical under Ground Water Dept.: 06 vacancies
- Technical Assistant-Civil under Ground Water Dept.: 03 vacancies
- Surveyor-Civil under Ground Water Dept.: 03 vacancies
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT FOR PWD CANDIDATES:
- Junior Engineer-Civil under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 06 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Agriculture under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 35 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Mechanical under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 05 vacancies
- Junior Engineer-Civil under House and Town Planning Dept.: 11 vacancies
- Reservation for other candidates will be made as per the state government norms
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for the position of Junior Engineer will be eligible in the range of Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4200 as for a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted.
- The interested candidates must have obtained a Three Years Diploma in concerned branch of Engineering/ Agricultural Science (as per the posts) with the specific disciplines from a recognized institute/ University
- For the post of Surveyor (Civil), the candidates having Diploma in Civil Survey Engineering will be preferred.
- Other qualifications being equal, candidates having 2 years service experience in Territorial Army / NCC ‘B’ certificate will be preferred for Employment.
- Refer to official advertisement to get complete information on required educational qualification.
- The candidates must have attained at least 21 years of age and must not have crossed maximum age of 40 years for General, as on 01-Jul-2013.
- For other norms for relaxation, please refer the original advertisement at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/View_Enclosure.aspx?ID=902&flag=E&FID=260
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done on the basis of a Written Examination followed by an Interview as per the decision of the UPPSC in consultation with the concerned Departments of the state.
- All attempts would be taken to conduct the selection in a free and fare manner.
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs.215 (Exam fee Rs.200 + Online processing fee Rs.15)
- Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe from UP: Rs.95 (Exam fee Rs.80 + Online processing fee Rs.15)
- Physically Handicapped from UP: Rs. 15 (only Online processing fee)
- The fee can be deposited through the system generated e-Challan/ i-Collect at any branch of State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank and thereafter need to uploaded to the Online Application System for complete submission of application.
- Any correction in the application should be done by a fresh application and a fresh application fee will be required for such applications.
How to Apply:
The interested candidates can apply only through ONLINE mode of application as available through the website of UPPSC at http://uppsc.up.nic.in
The candidates are advised to refer to the detailed notification at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/View_Enclosure.aspx?ID=902&flag=E&FID=260, prior to applying Online.
There will be three stages for complete submission of Application:
- Stage-I will be general registration with basic information and bio-data
- Stage-II will be regarding submission of fees through the system generated E-challan and final submission of application
- Stage-III must be completed after depositing the fee at the State Bank of India or PNB. This can be done after 2 days of remittance of fees. At this stage the candidate has to scan and upload their photograph and signature.
- A Hardcopy of the application need to be sent to the UPPSC within the last date notified 03-Feb-2014) along with all necessary documents
- The Application once submitted, will not be allowed to be modified.