There are a number of students who aspire to take up careers that are not only unique, but also have huge prospects of growth. They do not mind treading on unchartered paths to achieve this goal. For a student, who belongs to this category and wants to build a career in the highly potential petroleum and energy industry, then the UPESEAT exam will be the best place to start.
- UPESEAT or University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test is an exam that is conducted in order to choose students into various engineering disciplines of energy and petroleum.
- There are subjects related to conventional and non-conventional energy in the college which goes by the name of UPES College of Engineering Studies.
- Candidates who pass through the UPESEAT exam get to study B Tech courses in different subjects related to oil & gas, power, aerospace transportation, infrastructure and information technology.
There are plenty of courses which these students can choose from, each having a potential of a prosperous career. The best thing about these courses is that they provide job opportunities that have a number of openings in all parts of the world and are the upcoming industries.
- Getting eligible for the seats in the college is not an easy task because it requires a percentage of 60 in physics, chemistry and mathematics during the secondary level.
- Students who have secured more than 80% in individual subjects in their board exams can take direct admissions reserved to the extent of 20%.
- Also, the AIEEE exam ranking is possible to let the candidates take admissions under this category but their ranks should be within 1 lakh and their marks should be above 60% in the senior secondary level or board exam level.
- Students should be less than 22 years of age while applying for the UPESEAT exam which is usually conducted during the month of May every year.
The scope of career:
The different ways in which one can enter into the subjects and take admissions is an attractive option for the students who want to build a career in energy and related sciences. The options are as mentioned above through AIEEE or board marks or through the UPESEAT exam. Lucrative subjects such as automotive designs, LNG, LPG, Nuclear Energy, Refining and Petrochemicals, etc provide the impetus and enthusiasm for the students to go for this particular exam and the UPES College of Engineering.
This exam which is conducted by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies in Dehradun is a blessing for thousands of aspirants of careers in renewable energy and sustainable products. These are subjects, those are not found in many institutes and many students would have to go for the foreign universities to pursue such courses. The cost is quite high and then there is the trouble of qualifying through the different exams.
With the facilities of UPESEAT exam, the students are provided with unimaginable opportunities to prove their knowledge and succour for such careers. Not many people in India are aware of such an exam and those who are perhaps do not miss out on an attempt in making it through the UPES College of Engineering.