Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the apex banking institution of India acting as the regulating authority of banking and finance sectors in India. A job with the RBI is considered of highest repute among banking jobs in India. This the reason why there are a huge score of aspirants for RBI recruitment. The Reserve Bank of India keeps on strengthening its workforce from time to time. The affairs of Reserve Bank are governed by a central board of directors. The board is appointed by the Government of India in line with the Reserve Bank of India Act.
The Reserve Bank of India, intends to fill up vacancies for Specialist Officers in Grade ‘A’ & Grade ‘B’ in the coming months. The details of the vacancies and the criteria of recruitment of this upcoming RBI recruitment 2014 are mentioned as under:
- Date of starting for Online Registration of Application: 21-Jan-2014
- Date of closing of Online Registration of Application: 17-Feb-2014
- Date for payment of Application fees (Online): from 21-Jan till 17-Feb-2014
Details of the vacancies:
- Research Officer in Grade ‘B’ (Department of Economic and Policy Research): 10 Positions (UR-05, SC-02, OBC-03)
- Research Officer in Grade ‘B’ (Department of Statistics and Information Management): 05 Positions (UR-03, OBC-01, SC-01)
- Rajbhasha Officer (Assistant Manager) in Grade ‘A’: 07 Positions (UR-04, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Manager (Technical – Civil) in Grade ‘B‘: 02 Positions (UR-01, OBC-01)
- There will be reservation for SC, ST, PWD, and OBC candidates as per the Reserve Bank norms. Any such reservation for candidates will be in force if adjoined by certificate proof against claim for reservation.
- For Grade ‘A’ Officers: Rs.17100-Rs.33200 (The expected monthly emoluments would be around Rs.37631.00 tentatively)
- For Grade ‘B’ Officers: Rs.21000-Rs.36400 (The expected monthly emoluments would be around Rs.46949.00 tentatively)
- Other perks and allowances will be as per the norms
- For Research Officer in Grade ‘B': The applicant must be within 21-30 years of age.
- For Rajbhasha Officer in Grade ‘A’: The applicant must not have crossed max age of 30 years
- For Manager (Technical) in Grade ‘B': The applicants must not have crossed max age of 35 years
- Upper age limit is relaxable fro SC, ST, OBC candidates as per norms
- For exact relaxation rules please read the detailed Ad at http://rbi.org.in, which will be published on or before 21-Jan-2014
- For Research Officer in Grade ‘B’ (DEPR): A Master’s Degree in Economics with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate OR (ii) A Doctorate Degree in Economics with Master’s Degree in any subject with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate. Research or teaching experience in Economics or publications in standard journals would be considered as an additional qualification.
- For Research Officer in Grade ‘B’ (DSIM): (i) A Master’s Degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade OR (ii) Master’s Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade from an institute of repute OR (iii) Master’s Degree in Statistics of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. Candidates with a Doctorate in topics related to above subjects will be given preference. Research or teaching experience and publication in standard journals will be considered as an additional qualification.
- For Rajbhasha Officer in Grade ‘A’: (i) Second Class Master’s Degree in Hindi/Hindi Translation, with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level OR (ii) Second Class Master’s Degree in English with Hindi as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level OR (iii) Second Class Master’s Degree in Sanskrit/Economics/Commerce with English and Hindi as subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level OR (iv) Master’s Degree in both English and Hindi/Hindi Translation, of which one must be Second Class.
- Manager (Technical – Civil) in Grade ‘B': A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate with specialization in Structural Design, Public Health Engineering, Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering. The candidates should have knowledge of PERT/ CPM techniques, CAM/CAD along with minimum 3 years post-qualification experience in a reputed public/private limited organization as Assistant Manager
- Please refer to the detailed advertisement when published on the website of RBI for details.
- The candidates will be called for preliminary Screening/ Written Examinations
- Candidates who qualify Written Examinations, will be called for Interview at the discretion of RBI
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply Online only through the website of RBI at www.rbi.org.in
- Scanned Copy of Photograph and Signature should be uploaded to the website during Online Submission of application
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms after registering.
- Before applying Online the candidates are advised to go through the detailed application, understand the criteria of eligibility and procedure of application thoroughly.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match with the documentary evidence
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application.
One may refer to official advertisement here www.rbi.org.in/scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=2789 in order to get the complete detail.