As a leading and fast-growing nationalized bank of India, Union Bank is operating presently with a staff strength on the higher side of 29000 engaged with its 2800 branches and a massive infrastructure comprising of 100% core banking system. With almost 90 years of operation in India, this bank is taking a proactive role in extending credit for the requirements of different core sectors of economy such as industries, exports, trading, agriculture, infrastructure and the individual segments. The Head Office building of the Bank in Mumbai and was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the nation in the year 1921. At the end of March 2013 the Bank achieved total business level of Rs.4,75,673 Crore.
With its recent notification, Union Bank invites applications from eligible candidates, for 42 various vacanceis of Specialist Officers in grades of I & II. The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date for online e-registration: 21-Apr-2014
- Closing date for Online e-registration: 05-May-2014
- Remittance of application fees: In between the above two dates
- Date of Written Examination (if conducted): During June-2014
Name of the vacancies notified: 42 Positions
- Post Code – 01 – Economists – Grade-II: 02 positions (UR-01, ST-01)
- Post Code – 02 – Security Officer – Grade-I: 40 positions (UR-20, SC-06, ST-03, OBC-11)
- Reservation for privileged category such as SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories will be applicable as per rules of the bank.
- The applicants can apply for only one of the above positions.
- Post Code – 01 – Economists – Grade-II: The applicants selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.19400- Rs.28100 along with applicable allowances and perks.
- Post Code – 02 – Security Officer – Grade-I: The applicants selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500- Rs.25700 along with applicable allowances and perks.
Period of Probation:
- The candidates selected as Specialist Officers will have to serve the bank for a period of 24 Months (2 years) from the date of joining.
- The selected candidates as Specialist Officers will be required to execute a Service Bond undertaking to serve the Bank for a period of 3 years or to pay the Bank a sum of Rs.250000.00 in case he/ she leaves the Bank before the completion of the 3 years service period.
Age: (As on 31-Dec-2013)
- The applicant must have achieved Minimum of 21 years and should not have crossed Maximum age of 35 years to become eligible to apply.
- However, relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per rules for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-SM categories
Academics Qualification: (As on 31-Dec-2013)
- Economists: A candidate should have completed Graduation with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/ and reserved categories) along with Post Graduate Degree in Economics/ Econometrics with 55% (50% for SC, ST and reserved categories) marks in the final year. The applicant must have completed a certificate course for Computer Awareness & Office Automation for duration of minimum 60 hours from a reputed Computer Training Institute. The applicant should possess a minimum of 3 years of Post-Qualification work experience as an Economist/ Economic Officer/ Research Officer / Economic Analyst or equivalent in a Commercial Bank or Financial Institution or PSU.
- Security Officer: A candidate should be a Graduate Degree holder in any discipline. The applicant must have completed a certificate course for Computer Awareness & Office Automation from a reputed Computer Training Institute. The applicant should possess a minimum of 5 years of working experience as an officer in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force in Junior Commissioned Officer rank OR such rank in para-military services.
- General & OBC: Rs.600 only
- For all others: Rs.100 only
- The fee can be remitted through online only through NEFT/ CBS at any of the Branches of Union Bank of India as detailed in the Bank’s website at www.unionbankofindia.co.in.
- No other mode of fee payment except through Online Mode will be accepted.
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in Written Test, Physical and Psychometric Test and Personal Interview. Merit list of the candidates for final selection will be prepared considering the performance of the candidates.
- The name of the selected candidates will be announced by the bank in due course through successive stages of selection.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply online through the web portal of Union Bank at www.unionbankofindia.co.in at the career section of the portal and through the link “UNION BANK RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2014-15 (Specialist Officer) – Link for Notification and Online Application”
- Prior to submission of application the candidates are advised to read through the details of the advertisement as available at the same portal at www.unionbankofindia.co.in/pdf/EnglishNotificationwebsiteRecruitment.pdf
- The applicant need to submit application online and remit requisite fees through the Online Fee Payment option only
- The candidates need to upload their photograph and signature for final submission of application.
- The applicant must retain the hard copy of the application and copy of fee payment receipt to be reviewed in subsequent phases of selection
- Incomplete or wrong information may lead to disqualification of the candidate
- No other means of application will however be accepted.