Tripura PSC Invites Applications For 82 Posts of Sub-Inspector of Police (Male & Female)
Tripura Public Service Commission invites applications in prescribed forms from the bonafide Indian Nationals for a Competitive Examination followed by Personality Test for recruitment of Sub-Inspector (Police) under the Home Department, Government of Tripura. These posts are for Un-Armed and Armed Branch, under Group-C Non-Gazetted category under the Home Department of the Govt. of Tripura.
The details of the vacancies are underlined:
Name & Number of Vacancies:
- Sub-Inspector (Police – UB-Male): 45 Posts [UR-27 (Ex-Sm-03), ST-14 (Ex-SM-01), SC-04]
- Sub-Inspector (Police – UB-Female): 30 Posts [UR-15, ST-10, SC-05]
- Sub-Inspector (Police – AB-Male): 07 Posts [UR-06, ST-01]
- The last date of receiving application: 31-May-2014
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2014
A candidate must be a citizen of India as defined in the Constitution of India.
- The applicant must have completed Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- A candidate shall not be above 27 years of age and should have achieved 21 years on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, relaxation in norms of age (max 5 years) will be offered as per rules for SC/ST candidates.
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The applicants selected for the post of Sub-Inspector will receive a Scale of Rs.5310- RS.24000 with Grade Pay of Rs.2400 (in PB-II) per month along with other allowances and perks.
Application form and Other Application Related Information:
- The 4 (four) pages Application Form printed in color font will be available from all branches/Extension counters of Tripura Gramin Bank in the State of Tripura on deposit of the prescribed Recruitment Fee through the Special Deposit Slip to the Account No. 14711 in favor of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission.
- The said prescribed Form printed in color font (A4 size 90 GSM paper) can also be down loaded from the Website http://www.tpsc.gov.in
- In that case, the prescribed Recruitment Fee is to be paid to the Account No. 31176521319 of the State Bank of India (core banking branches) in favor of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission.
- The Bank deposit Receipt is to be affixed with the filled up application form in the specified Box on the 2nd page of the form.
Group A Posts:
- Rs.200 (Rupees two Hundred) only for General Candidates
- Rs.150 (Rupees one hundred fifty) only for ST/ SC/ BPL card holders/ Physically Handicapped Candidates
Group B Posts:
- Rs.150 (Rupees two Hundred) only for General Candidates
- Rs.100 (Rupees one hundred fifty) only for ST/ SC/ BPL card holders/ Physically Handicapped Candidates
Group C Posts:
- Rs.100 (Rupees two Hundred) only for General Candidates
- Rs.50 (Rupees one hundred fifty) only for ST/ SC/ BPL card holders/ Physically Handicapped Candidates
Note: SC/ST candidates from other states should apply under Unreserved category and no relaxation will be offered in terms of Age or reduced application fees in their favor.
Mode of Selection:
The Examination will be held in three successive stages namely:
(i) Physical Efficiency Test (Only for scrutiny)
(ii) Written Test
(iii) Personality Test
The final selection will be done on a Merit Ranking basis from the marks obtained in the Written and Personality Test.
The dates for these tests will be intimated at later stage
How To Send the Completed Application Form –
- Application in the prescribed form duly filled in by the candidate and 2 (two) copies of recent stamp size photographs of the candidate affixed on the Application and Admit Card to be submitted to the Reception Counter of the TPSC Secretariat by 5.00 PM of the closing date (31-May-2014).
- Applicants may obtain the acknowledgement including Receipt Number from reception counter of the Commission.
- The candidates, who will send application by post, are also required to attach to the application, two (2) numbers of recent passport size photograph and a self-addressed envelope indicating the Advertisement No. and name of the post applied for.
- Candidates should read “Instructions to candidates”, in the prescribed Application Form and also must visit the Website of the Commission at http://www.tpsc.gov.in/2014/300414.pdf.