Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is conducting Combined Civil Services Examination–II for the posts of Clerks and Assistant in Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service, Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, and Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department.
(Non-Interview Posts) (Group-II A Services) [Service Code No.004]
- Date of Publication of Advertisement: February 06, 2014.
- Closing Date for Submission of Application: March 05, 2014.
- Closing Date for Fee Payment through Offline Mode: March 07, 2014
- Date of Written Exam: May 18, 2014 from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm
Name of the Posts along with vacancies:
- Personal Clerk- 80 Vacancies
- Assistant- 2189 Vacancies
Department Wise Recruitment along with Corresponding Vacancies:
- Finance Department: 14 Posts
- Law and Finance Department: 53 Posts
- Public Service Commission: 07 Posts
- · Legislative Assembly: 06 Posts
2- Assistant in Various Departments
- Revenue Administration Department: 03 Posts
- Prison Department: 04 Posts
- Police Department: 218 Posts
- Medical and Rural Health Services Department: 322 Posts
- Transport Department: 26 Posts
- Registration Department: 195 Posts
- Labour Department: 91 Posts
- Highways Department: 135 Posts
- Archives and Historical Research Department: 09 Posts
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services Department: 185 Posts
- Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department: 99 Posts
- NCC Department: 80 Posts
- Public Health and Preventive Medicine Department: 65 Posts
- School Education Department: 517 Posts
- Social Defence Department: 15 Posts
- Social Welfare Department: 75 Posts
- Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption Department: 07 Posts
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission: 07 Posts
- · Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly: 01 Posts
3- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department
- Commissioner of Commercial Taxes: 03 Posts
- Chennai Division (South): 41 Posts
- Tiruchirappalli Division: 13 Posts
- Salem Division: 47 Posts
- Vellore Division: 03 Posts
- Madurai Division: 16 Posts
- Tirunelveli Division: 12 Posts
Total Number of Vacancies: 2269
Age Limit: Not less than 18 years and not more than 30 years as on July 01, 2014
No upper age limit for SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars)/ ST/ Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities/ Backward Classes/ Backward Classes (Muslims)/ Destitute Widows of all castes.
For Assistant in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (Post Code No: 1081), and Lower Division Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly (Post Code No: 1086) – Rs.5200-20200 (Pay Band- 1) plus Grade Pay of Rs.2400/-
For All other Posts: Rs.5200-20200 (Pay Band- 1) plus Grade Pay of Rs.2800/-
Application Fee: Rs. 125/-
Rs.125 needs to be paid that include Rs.50 for application fee + Rs.75 for examination fee and candidates calming exemption for examination fee have to pay Rs.50 towards application fee only.
The candidates can avail the facility of one time registration on payment of Rs.50 towards registration fee and once they receive a registration ID that they need not have to pay any application cost till 5 years.
Mode of Payment (Online Payment/Offline Payment)
Payment should be made within 2 working days from the date of registration.
- The candidates have to select an Indian Bank or Post office.
- Then click on the “submit” on application form which will provide you with an application no. and password.
- After which they will provide you with a payment challan from the branch that include Branch name, transaction number, DP code and deposit date through branch authority. This need to be gets submitted to any branch of Indian bank.
Online payment: For the candidates those who are wishing to make an online payment can refer to any of the following payment mode like- Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit card etc.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates must apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net. The Online Application can be filled up-to March 05, 2014 till 11.59 PM, after which the link will be disabled. The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post.
For more detail on this recruitment such as Post Code Number, relaxation in age limit, reservations and so breakout of vacancies, Required Educational Qualification and Technical Qualifications, Experiences, Physical Fitness norms, scheme of examination, center of examination, NOC, how to redeem the fee, how to apply online effectively, and other important instruction please refer to official advertisement from Tamil Nadu PSC here http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/notifications/1_2014_not_eng_ccse_II_non_ot_Grp_II_A.pdf
In case of any guidance/information/clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No.044-28297591-92, 044-28297584-86 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No. 1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m.