Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites application from eligible candidates for Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Water Resource Department, PWD; Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Building Organisation, PWD; Assistant Engineer (Electrical), PWD; Assistant Director of Industrial Safety and Health, formerly named as Assistant Inspector of Factories vacancies. Candidates should possess knowledge of Tamil.
Notification Number – 8/ 2014
Date of Notification: March 24, 2014
Last Date for Submission of Application: April 23, 2014 till 11.59 PM
Last Date for Fee Payment through Bank or Post Office: April 25, 2014
Date of Written Examination (OMR Format): July 27, 2014 [Optional Subject- from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM & General Studies- 02.30 PM to 04.30 PM]
Name of Post:
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Water Resource Department, PWD (Post Code No.1656) – 50 vacancies
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Building Organisation, PWD (Post Code No.3656) – 21 vacancies
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical), PWD (Post Code No.1657) – 09 vacancies
- Assistant Director of Industrial Safety and Health (Post Code No.1664) – 18 vacancies
Number of Vacancies: 98
Pay Scale: Rs. 9, 300-34,800/- + 5,100/- Grade Pay
Age Limit: As on July 01, 2014
- SC/ SC(A)/ ST/ MBCs/DC/ BC/ BCM and DWs of all Castes: Min. 18 years
- All Others: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 35 years
- Desired Education Qualification will be valid on March 24, 2014 (For detail information please refer to official advertisement link mentioned below)
- Written Examination
- Oral Test
Center of Examination:
Chennai, Coimbatore, Chidambaram, Kancheepuram, Karaikudi, Madurai, Nagercoil, Pudukkottai, Ramanathapuram, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Udhagamandalam, and Vellore
Note: The Commission reserves the right to increase the number of Examination Centre and to re-allot the candidates.
Examination Fee: Rs.175/- (i.e. Cost of Application Rs.50/- + Examination fee Rs. 125/-)
Mode of Payment of Fees: On-line Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card)/ Offline Payment (Post Office or Indian Bank)
- Candidates can pay the fees through Indian Bank or Post Offices after registering for Offline payment method
- For Online payment of application fees the candidate can avail net banking or online transfer as per the details available at the website.
- Additionally the candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency.
- Candidate can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee.
- Those candidates who have already registered and their registration status is valid during the period of application need not pay any fee for registration.
The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post.
For more detail on this recruitment such as Qualification, Experience, Physical Fitness norms, NOC, and other important instruction please refer to official advertisement from Tamil Nadu PSC here www.tnpsc.gov.in/notifications/08_2014_not_eng_comb_engg_service_2014.pdf
In case of any guidance/information/clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No.044-28297591-92, 044-28297584-86 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No. 1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m.