Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites competent application through online mode for Direct Recruitment to 08 vacancies of Assistant Works Manager (in Government Press) and 01 vacancy of Assistant Works Manager (in Tamil Arasu Press) through a competitive examination as per its latest advertisement published on 22-Aug-2014.
The details of the vacancy and the eligibility criteria are mentioned underneath:
- Date of Publication of Notification: 22-Aug-2014
- Last date for Submission of Applications: 21-Sep-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for Payment of Application Fees through Bank/ Post Office: 23-Sep-2014
- Date of examination: 01-Nov-2014
- Date for reckoning Age: 01-July-2014
- Date for reckoning Qualification/ Experience: 22-Aug-2014
Details of the Posts:
- Assistant Works Manager (in Government Press) (Post Code: 2094): 08 Posts [reservation will be for various categories as per rules]
- Assistant Works Manager (in Tamil Arasu Press) (Post Code: 3013): 01 Post [GT-G]
- The candidates getting selected for the post will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 With Grade Pay Of Rs.5400 in PB-III per month
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per norms.
- For General category and others apart from the candidates mentioned below categories, the maximum age should not exceed 30 years as reckoned on 1-July-2014.
- For SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC, BCM and DW of all Castes: There is no maximum age limit.
- The minimum age for all is set at 18 years as on the same date 01-July-2014.
Educational Qualification/ Experience as on date of publication of Application:
- The applicants must have passed Bachelors Degree in Printing Technology or must be a Graduate in any discipline (as per the Schedule to Part II of the Tamil Nadu State and Subordinate Service Rules) and a Diploma in Printing Technology.
- The candidates must have practical experience in Letter Press or Offset printing in a reputed printing press for not less than 5 (five) years, out of which 2 (two) years must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Advantage will be offered to candidates who has passed in the examination in Typography or Lithography or, in the examination in Costing or, who have completed one year of Apprenticeship in the Printing Technology.
- Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification
- Candidates selected for appointment to the posts will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed format as given in the official site of the commission at www.tnpsc.gov.in
Scheme of examination:
- The selection will be made on the basis of Written examination (online Computer Based Test) followed by Oral Test/ Interview
- He has to carry the Hall Ticket (Admission Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue.
- The Examination will be held at Chennai Centre only.
- Examination Fee: Rs.175 (Examination Fee Rs.125 + Cost of Application Rs.50)
- For all candidates claiming exemption in fees: Rs.50 (Cost of Application only)
- Those candidates who have already done one time registration by paying Rs.50 should be exempted from paying Application Fee
- Candidates can also resister for this procedure during this registration by payment of Rs.50 towards application fees, which will remain valid till 5 years
How to Pay the Application Fee:
There are two modes of fee payment –
- Through online payment by net banking, credit cards or debit cards
- Through Post Office or Indian Bank by system generated Fee Payment Challan
Payment should be made within 2 working days from the date of registration.
Application procedure (How to Apply):
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website at www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net.
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/notifications/14_2014_not_eng_Asst_works_mgr_2014.pdf , before applying online.
- A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and e-mail ID should be kept active till the declaration of results.
- Candidates can apply online by logging into the portal with the unique ID provided during registration.
- After submitting the application, candidates can print /save their application in PDF format.
- The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates.
- No Hall Tickets will be sent by post.
- The Online Application can be filled up to 21-Sep-2014 till 11.59 PM, after which the link will be disabled.