Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites application from eligible candidates for Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Water Resource Department, PWD; Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Building Organisation, PWD; Assistant Engineer (Electrical), PWD; Assistant Engineer in the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department; Assistant Inspector of Factories; Junior Electrical Inspector; and Junior Assistant Director of Boilers vacancies.
Notification Number – 53/ 2012
TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission was established in 1923 to ensure future sustainability and capability in Tamil Nadu. It is head-quartered in Tamil Nadu and performs main activity of recruitment.
Date of Notification: December 24, 2012
Last Date for Submission of Application: January 18, 2013 till 11.59 PM
Last Date for Fee Payment through Bank or Post Office: January 22, 2013
Date of Written Examination (Computer Based Test Format): February 16, 2013 [from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM]
Name of Post:
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Water Resource Department, PWD (Post Code No.1656) – 104 vacancies
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Building Organisation, PWD (Post Code No.3656) – 50 vacancies
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical), PWD (Post Code No.1657) – 28 vacancies
- Assistant Engineer in the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department (Post Code No.1660) – 18 vacancies
- Assistant Inspector of Factories (Post Code No.1664) – 13 vacancies
- Junior Electrical Inspector (Post Code No.1666) – 07 vacancies
- Junior Assistant Director of Boilers (Post Code No.3008) – 02 vacancies
Number of Vacancies: 222
For Junior Assistant Director of Boilers: Rs. 15, 600-39,100/- + 5,400/- Grade Pay
For All Other Posts: Rs. 15, 600-39,100/- + 4,700/- Grade Pay
Age Limit: As on July 01, 2012
- SC/ SC(A)/ ST/ MBCs/DC/ BC/ BCM and DWs of all Castes: Min. 18 years
- All Others: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 35 years
- Desired Education Qualification will be valid on December 24, 2012 (For detail information please refer to official advertisement link mentioned below)
- Written Examination
- Oral Test
Center of Examination: Chennai (Code No.001) only
Note: The Commission reserves the right to increase the number of Examination Centre and to re-allot the candidates.
Examination Fee: Rs.175/- (i.e. Cost of Application Rs.50/- + Examination fee Rs. 125/-)
Mode of Payment of Fees: On-line Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card)/ Offline Payment (Post Office or Indian Bank)
- Candidates can pay the fees through Indian Bank or Post Offices after registering for Offline payment method
- For Online payment of application fees the candidate can avail net banking or online transfer as per the details available at the website.
- Additionally the candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency.
- Candidate can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee.
- Those candidates who have already registered and their registration status is valid during the period of application need not pay any fee for registration.