Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites application from eligible candidates for Punch Operator vacancies in the government data centre.
Notification Number – 51/ 2012
TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission was established in 1923 to ensure future sustainability and capability in Tamil Nadu. It is head-quartered in Tamil Nadu and performs main activity of recruitment.
Date of Notification: December 24, 2012
Last Date for Submission of Application: January 18, 2013 till 11.59 PM
Last Date for Fee Payment through Bank or Post Office: January 22, 2013
Date of Written Examination (Computer Based Format): February 10, 2013 [from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM]
Number of Vacancies: 25 (General 07, BC- 07, BCM- 01, SC- 04, SC(A)- 01, MBC/ DC- 05)
Note: Five seats are reserved for Destitute Widows, and three seats are reserved for Persons Studied in Tamil Medium.
Name of Post:
Punch Operator (Post Code No.4001)
Pay Scale: Rs. 5, 200-20,200/- (PB1) + 2,400/- Grade Pay
Age Limit: As on July 01, 2012
- SC/ SC(A)/ ST/ MBCs/DC/ BC/ BCM and DWs of all Castes: Min. 18 years
- All Others: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 35 years
Educational Qualification As on December 24, 2012:
- Must have passed +2 (Plus two) Higher Secondary Grade Examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, or an equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting in English and in Tamil.
- Candidate must have certificate course in Computer Office Automation conducted by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Written Examination
- Oral Test
Center of Examination: Chennai (Code No.001) only
Note: The Commission reserves the right to increase the number of Examination Centre and to re-allot the candidates.
Examination Fee: Rs.150/- (i.e. Cost of Application Rs.50/- + Examination fee Rs. 100/-)
Mode of Payment of Fees: On-line Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card)/ Offline Payment (Post Office or Indian Bank)
- Candidates can pay the fees through Indian Bank or Post Offices after registering for Offline payment method
- For Online payment of application fees the candidate can avail net banking or online transfer as per the details available at the website.
- Additionally the candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency.
- Candidate can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee.
- Those candidates who have already registered and their registration status is valid during the period of application need not pay any fee for registration.