Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC), is the state level nodal agency mandated for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subsidiary departments invites application from eligible candidates for Sub – Inspector of Fisheries vacancies.
Notification Number – 52/ 2012
TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission was established in 1923 to ensure future sustainability and capability in Tamil Nadu. It is head-quartered in Tamil Nadu and performs main activity of recruitment.
Date of Notification: December 24, 2012
Last Date for Submission of Application: January 18, 2013 till 11.59 PM
Last Date for Fee Payment through Bank or Post Office: January 22, 2013
Date of Written Examination (Computer Based Format): February 10, 2013 [from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM]
Number of Vacancies: 24
20 (General -06, BC- 05, BCM- 01, SC- 02, SC(A)- 01, ST- 01, MBC/ DC- 05)
and Four Carried Forward Vacancies [ MBC/ DC (Women) – 2, General (Blind) – 1, BC (Women) – 1]
Note: Four seats are reserved for Women, One seats is reserved for Women Studied in Tamil Medium, and three seats are reserved for Ex-Servicemen Studied in Tamil Medium.
Name of Post:
Sub – Inspector of Fisheries (Post Code No.1760)
Pay Scale: Rs. 9, 300-36,800/- (PB2) + 4,400/- Grade Pay
Age Limit: As on July 01, 2012
- Minimum age limit is 18 years for all candidates
Educational Qualification As on December 24, 2012:
- The Associate Diploma in Fisheries Science of the Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Bombay. OR
- A Certificate of Successful completion of the full course of Inland or Marine Fisheries classes conducted by the Government of India. OR
- A Diploma in Fisheries Technology and Navigation awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training. OR
- A Science Degree with Zoology as Main Subject. OR
- A Degree in Bachelor of Fisheries Science
- Written Examination
- Oral Test
Center of Examination: Chennai (Code No.001) only
Note: The Commission reserves the right to increase the number of Examination Centre and to re-allot the candidates.
Examination Fee: Rs.150/- (i.e. Cost of Application Rs.50/- + Examination fee Rs. 100/-)
Mode of Payment of Fees: On-line Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card)/ Offline Payment (Post Office or Indian Bank)
- Candidates can pay the fees through Indian Bank or Post Offices after registering for Offline payment method
- For Online payment of application fees the candidate can avail net banking or online transfer as per the details available at the website.
- Additionally the candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency.
- Candidate can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee.
- Those candidates who have already registered and their registration status is valid during the period of application need not pay any fee for registration.