TN PSC Advertises for Recruitment of Agricultural Extension Officer – 2012
Notification No: 28/2012 Date:- 13th of August 2012
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TN PSC) is the state level nodal agency mandated for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subsidiary departments. TN PSC has announced a direct recruitment for vacancies of Agricultural Officer (Extension) for recruitment in the Agricultural Extension Services.
The details of the notification with comprehensive recruitment related requirements are detailed as under:
Name of Position and the Post Code: Agricultural Officer (Extension) – Code-1678
Mode of Application: ONLINE only (No other modes of application will be accepted) through the website of TN PSC at www.tnpsc.gov.in.
- Date of starting of receipt of Application through Online mode: 13th of Aug’12
- Final date for receipt of Application through Online mode: 12th of Sept’12
- Last date for payment of Application Fees: 14th of Sept’12
- Date of written examination: 28th of Oct’12 (Fore Noon)
Total Number of Vacancies: 454 + 6 (Carry Forward vacancies)
- The reservation to the local candidates from the state of Tamil Nadu will be applicable as per rules and the details of which can be availed at the website of TN PSC at www.tnpsc.gov.in
- There will be 20% reservations for the local Tamil Speaking candidates (for details, please refer to the complete advt. on the website)
- 3% reservation will be applicable for PWD category
- No reservation will be allocated to Destitute Widows and Ex-Servicemen
Essential Eligibility Factors:
Age: The candidate must be within the age group of 18-30 years (for general candidates) as on 1st of July 2012.
However the candidates who have obtained higher degree in Agriculture such as MSc (AG) or PhD will be allowed extension of 2 years in upper age limit.
There will be no upper age limit for privileged categories such as SC, ST, PWD, Women, Widows and Destitute.
Academics: The candidate must have obtained a Bachelors Degree in Agriculture from a recognized university or institution on or before 13th of August 2012 and must possess adequate knowledge of Tamil as a language of communication.
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
The candidates selected for Agricultural Officer (extension) will be entitled to get remuneration in the pay band of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 + GP of Rs.5400 along with other perks and allowances as applicable by the state government.
The candidates selected for the post of Agricultural Extension Officer must produce a physical fitness certificate issued by a competent authority declaring his vision as Standard-III. (Details on the website of TN PSC)
Application Fees: Rs.175 (Rupees One Hundred and Seventy Five Only for unreserved sections)
- Application Cost: Rs.50 (for all candidates including the privileged class)
- As Examination Fee: Rs.125 (generally for all excluding the privileged class)
Mode of Payment of Fees:
- Candidates can pay the fees through Indian Bank or Post Offices after registering for Offline payment method
- For Online payment of application fees the candidate can avail net banking or online transfer as per the details available at the website.
- Additionally the candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency.
- Candidate can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee.
- Those candidates who have already registered and their registration status is valid during the period of application need not pay any fee for registration.
Mode Of Selection:
- There will be a single Written Examination for selection of candidates followed by a Oral/ Verbal Interview. This examination in written mode will be with objective questions.
- The final merit list will be published on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test and Interview
- The merit list will be followed by verification of documents, and the candidates have to produce all original of documents in respect of their age, qualification and claims for special exemption, without which his candidature will be disavowed.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of the TN PSC at www.tnpsc.gov.in, or www.tnpscexams.net
- The candidates are required to fill in all details exactly and accurately as per supporting documents
- The candidates need to upload their photograph and signature at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
- The candidates are advised to keep true copies of the application form and fee receipt for future reference
- Any shortfall of information or wrong/ misleading information will be subject to cancellation of candidature
- Only applicants willing to serve anywhere in the Tamil Nadu should apply.
- The candidates are advised to practice sanctity during the complete selection procedure
- The decision of the Commission will be final and binding for the candidates
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from TNPSC here http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/notifications/28_2012_not_eng_ag(extn)2k12.pdf (English Version)/ http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/notifications/28_2012_not_tam_ag(extn)2k12.pdf (Tamil Version)