The Police department of any state is one of the vital departments for maintenance of law and order, and so is for Maharashtra. Thane Police Commissionerate is a unique Police Unit and is perhaps the only one of its kind in India as it comprises of 4 Municipal Corporations (Thane, Bhiwandi, Ulhasnagar, and Kalyan-Dombivali), 2 Municipal Councils (AMBARNATH and Badlapur) and a number of small villages. Bordering some of the vital cities of India and some of communally sensitive areas of the country, Thane Police is considered as a vital force in the operation of Mumbai Police Department.
With the recently announcement from Thane (Maharashtra) Police Commissionerate, a notification has been served for induction of Junior Division Clerk-Typist in the administrative operation of the police.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under.
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 28-Aug-2014
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 28-Sept-2014
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees (offline): 26-Sept-2014
Name of Post and Number of Vacancies:
- Junior Division Clerk-Typist: Total 34 Vacancies [UR-12, SC-03, ST-07 and others for other reserved categories]
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The applicants getting selected for these posts will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1900 in Group-C.
- For these vacancies, the candidates need to have completed 10+2 (SSC) from a recognized board under Maharashtra Government or equivalent.
- They must have a typing speed of 30 words per minute in Marathi and 40 words per minute in English.
- The candidates should possess a Computer Proficiency qualification from DOEACC/ MSCIT (Maharashtra) or any other equivalent computer qualification certificate as per Maharashtra Municipal Service Rules for Clerk-Typist Group C.
- The applicants should have acquired minimum age of 18 years and should not be more than 33 years of age as on 28-Aug-2014 (the starting date of registration of online application)
- Note: Age will be relaxed for the SC, ST, BC candidates as per rules.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Verification of documents and short-listing of candidature
- Written Examination
- Typing Test
- Interview (if desired)
- Final Medical Test
- Rs.420 for Open category (including bank charges of Rs.20)
- For all reserved category: Rs.320 (including bank charges of Rs.20)
- The fee can be paid through ONLINE mode (through Debit/ Credit Cards) and through SBI challan form as can be downloaded from the website of Thane (Maharashtra) Police at http://www.thanepolice.org
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through Online mode at the website of the Thane (Maharashtra) Police at http://www.thanepolice.org
- The candidates can submit only One Application.
- The benefits of age relaxation will be applicable for natives of Maharashtra State only
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete notification as available at http://www.thanepolice.org/Downloads/Lipik%20Bharti%20PDF%20full%20advt.pdf, before applying for the job positions.
- The candidates need to submit the application with facts
- The scanned copy of the photographs and signature need to be uploaded on the Online Application Portal as and when desired.
- The candidates should refer to the website of Thane Police for any clarification or confirmation of requirement criteria.