The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is conducted by the Anna University. The applicants who give the test can enroll for M. Tech. or MCA or MBA OR M.E. or M.Arch.
The eligibility criteria:
The eligibility criteria depend on the course that one wishes to enroll for.
- Those who want to pursue MBA must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Those candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply.
- For MCA candidates, the eligibility is also the completion of graduation in any discipline again from a recognized university. But it is necessary that they must have studied Mathematics or Statistics at the plus two level.
- Candidates who wish to study M.E. or M.Tech should also have completed their graduation or post graduation or its equivalent. The domain of the subjects should be the same as the candidate requires to study further.
- For admission into the M. Plan or M. Arch courses, the candidate must have obtained a Bachelors or Masters Degree in the field of architecture or planning.
The question paper format:
The format of the question paper for different courses is different.
- The paper for TANCET MBA is of 120 minutes. The skills of the candidates in areas such as Quantitative Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Data sufficiency are tested.
- TANCET MCA is of two hours duration and the sections of the question paper comprise Reasoning, logical thinking, Quantitative skills and basic computer knowledge.
- The TANCET entrance paper for M.E./M. Tech./M. Arch/ M. Plan is of two hours duration. It is divided into three sections, the first two parts being compulsory for all students. The third part can be chosen by the candidates according to their field of specialization. Part one consists of Engineering Mathematics which has 30 multiple choice questions. Part two consists of Basic Engineering and Sciences which has 45 questions and the candidate has to answer only 30 questions. There is a negative marking of 25%. Part three has 14 questions which cover different areas like Civil and Chemical engineering. The candidates have to answer all the 40 questions to qualify for the exam.
The application form:
The forms for the TANCET exam can be purchased by person or by post. The option of online forms is also available. The general candidates have to pay the form fee of Rs. 300 while the candidates belonging to the SC/ST group have to pay Rs. 150 as the form fee. The candidate has to pay the additional fee if he wishes to sit for more than one exam.
The schedule of examination:
The entrance exam is held in the month of May and the forms are distributed in the month of March. The candidates have to submit their forms as per the date notified. There are many exam centers spread throughout the length and breadth of the country. The candidate can select the centre which is nearest to him.
The official website of Anna University publishes the results. You can also obtain results from many reputed online portals.
So, get ready for a bright future by preparing for this exam.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>