Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board Exam 2014 For 139 Asst Professors in Engg Colleges (Direct recruitment)
[Post Code. 14E]
Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board has been entrusted with the responsibility to conduct competent selection for teachers in various cadres of education in the state of Tamil Nadu. With the present notification from Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board, it invites application through online mode for Direct Recruitment to 139 vacancies of Assistant Professors in Government Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
The details of the vacancy and the eligibility criteria are mentioned underneath:
- Date of Publication of Notification: 16-July-2014
- Date of Commencement of Sale of Application: 20-Aug-2014
- Last date for receipt of Completed Applications: 05-Sept-2014 till 05:00 PM
- Date of Written Examination: 26-Oct-2014
- Date for reckoning Age: 01-July-2014
Details of the Posts: Assistant Professors (Post Code: 14E)
Number of Vacancies: 139 posts
- 14E01: Civil Engineering: 12 Posts
- 14E02: Mechanical Engineering: 10 Posts
- 14E03: Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 07 Posts
- 14E04: Electronics & Communication Engineering: 10 Posts
- 14E05: Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering: 02 Posts
- 14E06: Computer Science Engineering: 07 Posts
- 14E07: Production Engineering: 07 Posts
- 14E08: Metallurgy: 01 Post
- 14E09: Mathematics: 25 Posts
- 14E10: English: 19 Posts
- 14E11: Physics: 21 Posts
- 14E03: Chemistry: 18 Posts
- The candidates applying for these posts and belonging to reserved category of candidates will receive facilities of reservation as per rules.
- Out of total 139 Posts, 25 Post will be for GT (out of which 13 Women), 25 Posts for BC candidates (out of which 15 Women), 06 Posts for BC(M), 20 Posts for MBC/DNC (out of which 08 women), 15 Posts for SC (out of which 08 women), and 03 Posts will be reserved for SC-A (out of which 01 women).
- 3% of the total posts will be reserved for Differently-abled persons.
Tamil Medium Reservation:
- 20% of the complete posts will be reserved on preferential basis for persons studied in Tamil Medium as per existing Govt. Order.
- The candidates getting selected for the post will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 With Grade Pay Of Rs.6000 in PB-III per month
- For General category and others apart from the candidates mentioned below categories, the maximum age should not exceed 35 years as reckoned on 1-July-2014.
- For SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC, BCM and DW of all Castes: The applicable rules of relaxation will be in force for these candidates as per Govt. orders.
Educational Qualification as on date of publication of Application:
- Assistant Professor (Engineering Subjects): The applicants must have passed Bachelors Degree in Engineering or in Technology and M.E. / M.Tech. in the relevant branch of Engineering or Technology with First Class or its equivalent either in B.E or B.Tech. or M.E. or M.Tech.
- Assistant Professor (Non-Engineering Subjects): The applicants must have passed Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with good academic record of not less than 55% of marks or an equivalent (CGPA). These candidates must have passed National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lecturers conducted by the UGC, CSIR. However, PhD Degree holders are exempted from the requirement of NET.
- Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification
Scheme of examination:
- The selection will be made on the basis of Written examination followed by Oral Test/ Interview
- He has to carry the Hall Ticket (Admit Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue.
- Cost of OMR Application Form: Rs.100 (Available at the O/o The Chief Educational Officer of all 32 Districts of Tamil Nadu)
- For examination fees (for SC/ ST/ PWD): Rs.300
- For examination fees (for all others): Rs.600
- Those candidates have to remit the Examination Fee in cash through the fee payment challan available with the Application Format in any branch of State Bank of India or Indian Overseas Bank
- Any other mode of fee such as DD/ MO/ IPO etc. will not be accepted.
Application procedure (How to Apply):
- Candidates should apply only through the prescribed format of Application as available at the Office of the Chief Educational Officers of the concerned districts of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://trb.tn.nic.in/Asst%20Prof%20Eng%202014/15072014/Notification.pdf , before applying for these posts.
- The applications need to be filled by hand with appropriate and authentic information.
- The recent passport size photograph and signature should be put on the application at desired places.
- The fee payment challan need to be enclosed in a separate envelope and attached (not staples/ stitched/ pasted) to the complete advertisement.
- Applications complete in all respect and attached with necessary credential documents and fee payment challan must be enclosed in the envelope and should be submitted to the address of “The Chief Educational Officer of the concerned district by hand only”. The candidates should obtain the Acknowledgement card during submission.
- Candidates are advised NOT to send the filled-in Application forms by post or in person to the Teachers Recruitment Board, Chennai-6, and these will not be accepted.
- Any form of canvassing or misleading information may result in rejection of candidature.