Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Ireland
Cost of Studying in Ireland
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Ireland
Study Abroad Programs in Ireland
Study in Ireland Scholarships
Top Universities in Ireland
Why study in Ireland?
Study In The Culturally Viable And Friendly Nation Of Ireland With Choicest Courses
When trying to locate a place with the right ambience and suitable education system, it is hard to miss out on the country of Ireland. A country which is rich in cultural heritage and has miles and miles of friendly landscape is highly suitable for the international students to acquire a degree in a subject of their choice.
Why study in Ireland
In the land of the Irish culture is the birthplace of poets and writers such as WB Yeats, George Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde, etc, thereby giving stress on the fact that the education in Ireland is deeply impregnated in the country’s social environment. It has been implicated also in the economic development and high standard of living in the country, over the last few decades.
- Wide scale recognition of the Irish higher education is therefore recognised in various disciplines. High quality scientific research is the hallmark of Ireland higher education universities. International students find the country comfortable and convenient to study because of the English language speaking that is done in the country. Extensive range of courses in arts, sciences, humanities, technology and research based subjects are found in the institutions in Ireland.
- Ireland has been voted more than once as the top country in the world in terms of peace index and friendliest place to live in. Outdoor environment is perfect for the students, with good communications with many other countries, thereby allowing students to move about and enjoy the surroundings.
- Supportive friendly environment is found with dedicated international organisations working closely with the administrative, academic, and support staff supports the students in their endeavour to take up education in Ireland. Information and services for the students willing to take up admissions in Ireland institutions is properly managed and streamlined.
System of higher education in Ireland consists of universities, technological institutions, and colleges of education, most of which are autonomous and state funded and private independent colleges. Foreign students are admitted in the higher education institutions by criteria laid down by individual universities and based on national examination performance and English language aptitude.
- The higher Education and Training Awards Council is authorised to provide degrees to the students from most of the institutions, except those at the university level.
- Ireland has a National Framework Classification system or NFQ, according to which the qualifications that students acquire over the time period and these are also utilised by employers to identify the befitting candidates. Planning of education and training and career progression is possible with this transparent system of NFQ.
- All types of degree courses are possible in the universities in Ireland, starting from undergraduate studies to the post doctoral programs.
- Academic year typically starts from September till next year June, with 2 or 3 semesters and holidays are in April and December. Universities have their curriculum divided into semesters and modules for allowing flexibility to the students. Undergraduate teaching is marked by lectures, tutorials, practical demonstrations and laboratory works.
In Ireland, access to higher education is a bit difficult with more stress being given on the school leaving certificates. Foreign students need to provide a gradation on the best six subjects’ scores. Entry criteria may change from year to year depending on the number of seats and applicants. International students have two options of studying in Ireland.
- They can attend the school leaving certificate examination with the Irish students, which is preferred by some students who take up the examination with English language tests.
- The other option is to take up public examinations to study in foreign countries in their own country. Most of the students take this route in which the entry level qualifications should have high grades, usually 3 Grade-A level passes.
- Since language of English is a common mode of communication in Ireland, international students should have a English proficiency test qualification such as the TOEFL or IELTS, for which the minimum score is 550 for the former.
Visa requirements for study in Ireland
Students of non-EU and Non-EEA countries such as India will require Irish visa to enter into Ireland, which is a certificate posted on the passport. Students should get in touch with the Irish embassy in their country in order to get further details of the application for visa or download the application form for the same.
- Visa application should be done prior to 6-8 weeks of travelling to Ireland in order to give sufficient time for the processing.
- They should have a passport which will remain valid for 6 months after the said course is due to be over.
- Documents conferring the acceptance of the application for studying in a university should be submitted along with the visa application form. This letter by the university should specify the course in which the students is admitted and the course should be in the list of subjects mentioned in the internationalisation register provided by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland.
- Apart from the above documents, the students should submit the proof that they have access to at least 7000 euros in a year and the tuition fees for each year.
- Student visas are of two types, one for those who want to stay for less than 3 months and are issued the C study Visa, which cannot be further extended and the other one is D study Visa, which is provided for stay of more than 3 months.
- If people want to prolong their period of visa, then they can apply to the nearest immigration office during their stay along with the various documents that are required.
- One more document that is very essential to study in Ireland is that of the supporting recommendation letters mentioning that the candidate is sufficiently qualified to pursue a college education at higher level institution in Ireland.
- All the supporting documents and certificates should have been issued, at most 2 years before going to Ireland.
Study and cost of living
While going into Ireland for studies, students will have to carry out expenditure on tuition fees, accommodation and other living costs. These might vary on an individual basis depending on the institution, type of courses and the style of living.
- On an average, the course fee ranges in higher education from 10,000 to 45,000 Euros. Engineering, technological and medical education are on the higher side in most of the universities.
- On the other hand, the living expenses will be on an average of 7,000 to 12,000 Euros annually. This estimation includes living expenses, accommodations and books.
Scholarships in Ireland
Students going for the higher education system in Ireland can avail of a large number of scholarships, some of which are targeted for specific countries. Many of these are privately sponsored while a few are also provided by the respective universities and by the government of Ireland.
Those prominent scholarship programs provided by the government of Ireland are provided in universities and institutes such as Waterford institute of Technology, Ireland homecoming study program, University of Limerick, Cork Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology Carlow, Dublin business School, Irish Aid Fellowships, etc.
Career and outcome
Since the education system of Ireland is well recognised all over the world, and it is very transparent in nature, the degrees have a worldwide recognition. But students will have to apply for work permits in order to continue working in the country. Also for foreigner students it makes a great sense with a competent Degree abroad with highly admirable quality of education.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>