Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Indonesia
Cost of Studying in Indonesia
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Indonesia
Study Abroad Programs in Indonesia
Study in Indonesia Scholarships
Top Universities in Indonesia
Why study in Indonesia?
Indonesia Education System Gives Scope Inside The Parameters Of School Education
Destination of Indonesia is a challenging but rewarding study abroad place in variety of subjects ranging from arts, culture, history, religion, etc. Plenty of unique opportunities are out there for the students who are interested because one can explore the culture and heritage of the region, which has a marked bearing on the education system in the country. Location in the South East Asian conglomerate, Indonesia is made up of more than 17,000 islands, of which 2/3rd are inhabited. The capital city is Jakarta which is located in the island of Java, which is the centre of the entire Indonesia. Another centre for tourism as well as academic excellence is the island of Bali, which has a predominant Hindu population.
Why study in Indonesia
Blend of rich cultural heritage and diversity in population with plenty of tribes and ethnic people living together in harmony in some of the world’s rapidly growing cities is the hallmark of the country. Many universities in Indonesia offer the students from foreign countries courses in business, psychology, science, humanities and other, which can help the students gain a place in the world scenario of employment. Many of these also provide opportunity to learn the Indonesian languages.
The friendly population in the cities as well as the remote areas, make the place a very convenient place to live in and study. With availability of cuisine and accommodation facilities of all types, students from different countries can feel at home, when they are in Indonesia.
The tertiary and higher education system is under the control of Ministry of National Education. Ministry of Religious Affairs looks after Islamic schools and universities. Non school vocational training is arranged by Ministry of Manpower and transmigration. Individual government departments have their own training centres. The Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation under the Ministry of National Education, located in central Jakarta, looks after the issuance of support letter for the international students.
- Higher education in the country is provided through a few universities such as Institute of Advanced Tertiary Schools for academic subjects, Academics for Vocation Education is through the universities and polytechnic universities.
The aim of higher education is to facilitate research, education and community service. Universities which provide academic education provide bachelor degrees, master’s program, professional programs, specialist programs and doctoral programs. Vocational education is provided through diploma courses.
- Bachelor courses are usually of 8-12 semesters while the masters’ degrees are having about 4 to 10 semesters.
- Academic learning can be imparted in direct mode where the student teacher interaction is direct while the correspondence mode or distance learning mode is the next option. For both the types of interactions, the semester starts at September and each semester consists of about 16 weeks of classroom courses.
The admission of the students at the university level is dependent on the individual institution as decided by the respective senate.
All the international students who plan on studying in Indonesia will have to acquire a special study visa known as VITAS or temporary stay visa, if they plan on staying more than a few weeks.
The application for the visa is to be presented at the consulate or embassy in one’s own country. The processing of the application can be about 1 year, which should be accompanied by letter of admission into the university. This letter should be either send in original or a photocopy should be along with the application.
There are international offices in individual universities, which provide the required grants for the foreign students or can enlist the different programs from said universities which would be suitable for the students.
- After arriving in Indonesia, the students need to apply for converting the temporary study visa into temporary resident permit or KITAS, which again is time taking.
- Documents necessary for issue of temporary resident permit or KITAS are letter from university confirming the admission, 3 passport sized photographs, passport and its copy, letter from the university requesting permit to reside, apart from the filled up application form.
Students who need to apply for study in Indonesia should prepare themselves for the documentation and other necessary paraphernalia. The required pre qualifications should be met by the international students. The immediately previous degree proof will be required for the respective course. Other necessary directions are found with the official site of the Indonesia Ministry of Education. With clear cut demarcation and easily acquired scholarships, the candidates can easily go for selecting their institute after deliberations.
Scholarships in Indonesia are few due to the low private and public sponsorships. But the few which are already working are not very many.
- The Darmasiswa Scholarship program is being offered to maximum number of students.
- The other one is the Indonesian Arts and Culture scholarships. Universities tend to give their own scholarships which can be availed once on a year.
- There are many other scholarships through which the private grants or loans or even others are referred to the students.
- Some grants can be received the students if they are in cultural exchange programs and also there are other benefits included in such exchange programs.
Cost of living and study
The country of Indonesia is conducive for living, and for this, students will have to pay around 500 USD and also there are other factors that will decide about the living conditions. if the candidates stay in the populated areas, well known for tourism, then it is a bit costly affair.
Cost of studying in tertiary levels is bit high. Some state owned universities provide full subsidy and then the education system is further becoming cheaper, for which the cost of the semester is about 150USD. There are many people who believe that the cost of study will be variable depending on the university and the government university.
Due to the rapid development of Indonesia, people who have passed from these universities will be able to get jobs in various companies, and even in the country itself. Competency level of the students is bound to increase, which means that the candidates can go for higher education in the universities in subjects which are having significance in the present job scenario.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>