Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Hungary
Cost of Studying in Hungary
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Hungary
Study Abroad Programs in Hungary
Study in Hungary Scholarships
Top Universities in Hungary
Why study in Hungary?
Scientific Excellence And Research Based Studies For Study In Hungary In Demand
With over 1000 years of history backing Hungary, it is considered to be one of the oldest countries in Europe. Located centrally in Europe, the 10 million population of Europe have a strong education system ruled by the ethical and discipline approach. With the introduction of Hungary into the European Union in 2004, the country has got a universal recognition and has become established as a favored destination for higher education in many international communities.
Hungarians speak a language and follow a culture that has been their niche, making theirs a unique culture that has marked their growth and assimilated a wide range of culture. Its capital Budapest is known as the Pearl of the Danaube. Roman ruins dating back to 2000 years and 400 year old ruins of Turkish civilization are found here. Lakes and mineral springs are found in plenty, providing people with sufficient places to go for vacations and excursions. Above all, the typical Hungarian hospitality is sure to enchant and mesmerize the foreign students.
Why study in Hungary
- Hungary has contributed significantly to the science and culture of Europe, even though it is a small country and has produced about 20 Nobel Prize winners, which in itself is a proof of the stress on innovative thinking and creative thinking among the students at the higher education level. Intellectual richness of the country is quite varied and the tradition has been upgraded since long.
- Degrees and diplomas in Hungary have been accepted by many countries throughout the world and are given high prestige. With world class programs and lower tuition costs, the study in Hungary could be an opportunity of a lifetime for the students.
- Last 50 years have been a constant development in the agricultural and industrial fields, with courses that are aimed at creating intellectuals and experts in these fields.
- Health care and related subjects have been highly stressed upon in the universities in Hungary which have become the choice of subjects for many students. Not only the students arrive from variety of countries, there assortment of teachers in these institutions have been from a variety of education backgrounds and distinctions.
- All the Hungarian degrees are recognized by the European Union so that the students passing out from these universities in Hungary are able to practice and choose professions in their country of choice.
- Hungarian universities offer reasonable tuition fees with affordable cost of living which is found in the capital city of traditional university towns of the country, where student communities are found.
- In the last two decades, about 10,000 students have passed out from various universities of Hungary, and are well established in their careers.
- Hungary has been a part of the Bologna Process since 1999, which is a step towards creation of European higher education area. Since 2006, the 2 tier system of the bologna process has been introduced wherein the bachelor’s degree extends over a period 3-4 years and the masters degree spans 1-2 years of studies. The third tier system comprises of doctoral courses which can be pursued after the finishing of the master’s courses.
- Apart from the higher degree courses in degree programs, students can pursue non degree programs such as vocational training, post graduate specialist training courses, etc. Even facilities of full time training, part time training and distance education are found.
- Hungarian universities are using the ECTS credit transfer situations in their higher education since 2003. In this system, one credit is equivalent to 30 hours student workload.
Since the Hungarian system of education is accepted by the European Union, it suggests that the vocation courses such as medicine, veterinary sciences and architecture are acceptable to many other nations and the students can find jobs easily in these countries. They can be transferred and accepted for professional purpose to other EU nations.
- Candidates have the options to submit their applications in any one of the two semesters in a calendar year. The autumn admissions for the February session starts around 15th November while the spring admission for the September session starts around 15th February.
- For admissions into Hungarian courses in the universities, the students will require high school diploma certificate which is translated into Hungarian or English. Along with that, there is need of the transcripts of the courses and grades.
- Those courses which require entrance exams should be also considered. Part of the entrance for the English speaking courses consists of English test.
- Students need to choose their universities first and fill out the application form. The required documents should then be collected for being sent in originals or certified copies. Different documents that are required to be sent are
– secondary school leaving certificate,
– curriculum vitae in English,
– transcripts of the mark-sheets,
– 2 letters of recommendations,
– 6 signed passports sized photographs,
– copy of passport,
– Medical certificate which endorses that the candidate is fit mentally and physically to pursue higher education in foreign country and does not suffer from chronic medical diseases or dyslexia and negative HIV and hepatitis B tests should be attached.
- These documents along with the application forms should be sent to the office of the particular university or any local representative. On receipt of the application fee and the finalization of the date of entrance examination, the university looks at the completeness of the application form. If any discrepancy is found, then the students are notified about it within 30 days, which needs to be corrected.
- The application procedure can also be carried out through the Flevi system which is done online.
- Students need to submit their proof of English sufficiency by providing the scores of English language tests such as IELTS or TOEFL for admissions into universities in Hungary.
- The admissions into a particular university or faculty depend on the limit of the scores that are needed for that particular university. Since a number of options are to be given by the candidates, the first place which is suitably meeting the requirements will be notified.
- If the student belongs to the non EU countries, then he or she should first apply for a student visa in order to get the permission to enter into the country, if the student is planning to stay in Hungary for more than 3 months.
- The application for the visa should be done at the Hungarian embassy nearest to them. This application should be submitted about 1 month prior to the date of leaving for Hungary.
- The first requirement for the visa application is the document confirming the admission in the institution. Various documents that are required in order to make a visa application are the
– proof of fees payment,
– acceptance letter from the university
– valid passport with validity of 3 months beyond the date of entry
– copy of the photograph page of the passport
– passport photos recent up to 6 months
– proof of having health insurance
– proof of address or housing in Hungary
– sufficient funds proof in form of bank accounts
– visa application form
– 3 self addressed envelops
- After entering into the country with the student visa, the candidates need to apply for the residence permit within 15 days of entry, for those people who are intending to stay for a period of more than 90 days or whose course duration is more than 3 months.
- People who apply for the residence permit will be required to give their fingerprints.
Cost of living and study in Hungary
- In comparison to the rest of the European nations, the cost of studying in Hungary is cheaper and affordable. Although tuition fee varies with the university and location, the medicine and dentistry are the costliest courses. The others are less and on an average the cost of study in Hungary ranges from 4,500 to 20,000 Euros.
- Apart from cost of study, there are exam fee, registration fee, application fee and all of these are within 100 to 150 Euros.
- Living costs in Hungary are lower, though cities like Budapest can be costlier. Accommodation rents are usually around 300 Euros per months and with other living expenses, monthly expenditure can be around 750 Euros per month.
- Housing options in Hungary are quite varied and a lot depends on what the students want for themselves. The dormitories are the cheapest options. Renting an apartment alone or opting for sub tenancy can be done. Accommodation hunting is also helped by the universities. Caution money of about 2 months’ rent is usually asked for.
Government scholarships are forthcoming in the form of pool system, where the Hungarian Scholarship board arranges for various university and research scholarships. These scholarships are extended for a variety of programs and can be availed by the students.
- Some other scholarship programs are AIFS study abroad scholarships, Diversity Scholarships, Rotary international, etc apart from various privately funded scholarships for students entering into Hungarian universities.
Rich heritage, culturally diverse and especial stress on education system in the country has made the students from Hungarian universities to be recognized in different parts of the world. Since the courses in science streams are well recognized by the various European Union countries, students can take up jobs and are offered these jobs in various places in the Europe as well as many other countries. Furthermore, the students are able to subsist on a number of research and innovative ideas after finishing their study programs from universities in Hungary.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>