Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Germany
Cost of Studying in Germany
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Germany
Study Abroad Programs in Germany
Study in Germany Scholarships
Top Universities in Germany
Why study in Germany?
Modern Yet Culturally Stable Germany Providing The Best Education
Largest economy in the European union and the third largest in the world blended with a history of the world war, the country of Germany has gone from step to step to become a world power. Much of this developmental stage has to do with the education system. This fact is further reinforced by the renowned researchers from this country such as Albert Einstein, Max Planck, Alexander Von Humboldt, to name a few. In the years since its formation and union, the country has become one of the favorite destinations for education for the international students.
Why study in Germany
The rich culture and educational heritage of Germany has lured students from all over the world to study in universities of higher education in the country. Lower cost of tuition fees in comparison to many other universities of the world and the high quality of education with stress on research is something that has become integral to the education system in Germany.
Germany offers the international students about 2000 programs, which in itself is an opportunity with outreaching consequences.
The country of Germany is modern and cosmopolitan and students from various other countries arrive here and are treated with respect and honor.
Those, who love the outdoor adventures, will find plenty of activities to refresh them, such as sightseeing excursions and expeditions on weekends.
If someone is a theatre and music enthusiast, then he or she can go with friends to the famous plays and artists performing in some of the best theatres in Europe or attend a musical concert.
Application procedure and requirements
All international students who wish to study in subjects, which do not have any centralized restrictions, need to put in their application at the international office or at the student administration office of the university in which one wishes to pursue a course. Whatever be the case, the students should first make enquiry about the application procedure at the International Office in the particular university.
The applications for admissions should be done keeping in mind, two specific dates, the 15th of January and July. If the winter session is to be chosen, then one needs to submit the application from June beginning to 15th of July. If people want to pursue the summer semester, then the application should be done from beginning of December to 15th January. Winter semester starts in October and the summer semester starts in April.
Some universities have in recent years introduced the courses which can be taken up for the masters program, after passing out from the bachelor’s degrees. An undergraduate degree from one’s country is qualification enough to carry on directly in these masters courses.
For the purpose of Ph.D courses, students will need to work through the master’s degree in their countries and then they must identify in Germany, a doctoral guide.
- Students can apply for courses in German universities directly, based on previous academic record. For some courses in management, there is only requirement for clearing GMAT exam while GRE is required for the engineering courses.
- For the purposes of admissions to universities, students need to apply directly to the universities by requesting for applications in the International Offices of the universities. The filled application is then sent back to these offices with the attached documents, which are to be certified by the students for their authentication. Sometimes, authentic certificates might be asked for denoting the knowledge of German language.
Approval from the university is usually assured if the students have the valid visa, completed application form from the university office, valid passport, proof of health insurance, copy of rental agreement, passport sized photographs and the physical examination.
Depending on which country the students belong to and the duration of stay in Germany, there is need to apply for student visa or the national visa, as it is called. The application is done at the German embassy of one’s country and further information can also be gathered from there.
Schengen Visa is required by the students if they are going to Germany for less than 3 months. But this is limited only to those countries which have a Schegen agreement with the European nations.
But for all the long term courses and for doctoral and masters programs, the national visa is required to be obtained.
- For applying the visa, the documents which will be required are letter approving of the admission from the particular university, health insurance, proof of academic record, proof of German language skills, and documents which will show the manner in which the candidate will finance the stay in Germany.
- There is another option in which one can apply for the national visa. If students enter into Germany on a student application visa. Once the university consents for the admission, then they should immediately go for the applying of national visa.
- After arriving in Germany, all the foreign national students will have to report to the registration authority and then go to the foreigners authority in their university town and apply for a residence permit for studying and living in the city. For this, the students should be able to show that they have minimum of 500 Euros every month.
- Application for visa is usually processed in about 2 weeks but the paraphernalia required to seek admissions may take up to 3 months, therefore needs the application to be handed before 3 months.
Cost of living and study
Students will have to cough up 500 Euros, for their tuition fees every month. It may be up to 500 Euros per semester for some universities and even can go up towards 20000 Euros per year for a private institution. The selection of college and education institution is a major deciding factor for tuition fees in Germany.
Living outside the education system and the cost of living per year would be about 2500 – 5000 Euros. Included under this are the living expenses, transportation, eating out and educational books.
The costs mostly depend upon how your living style is and how you are planning your day out. On an average 800-900 Euros per month as total expenses is a sound amount to go for. For exact and precise details you can find out thorough the German Embassy at its website and even by physically visiting the Embassy at its headquarters at New Delhi for India.
- When the scholarships are granted to the students, they are usually meant to cover the living expenses, the transportation charges and other expendables.
- Scholarships in Germany are usually of two types, the financial and the other one which is non-monetary in nature.
When the students go for the monetary facilities, they get a good amount of university money, which can be contributed towards the university.
The awards received by the German foreign students are sometimes related to the workshop, where they can interact with those students who have either passed the examination for the entry or have received the previous year scholarships. In order to attract more of the international candidates, they will have to equip themselves properly.
What you can expect after your education in Germany
After completely going through the education system and selecting the universities, the candidates need to study hard because of the sensitive issues associated with the results. But the education system is such that the entire Europe considers these universities as great destination. Since the degrees are also recognized, people need to take advantage of such options.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>