Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Belgium
Cost of Studying in Belgium
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Belgium
Study Abroad Programs in Belgium
Study in Belgium Scholarships
Top Universities in Belgium
Why study in Belgium?
Integrating Higher Education With Cultural Landscapes And Beautiful Sceneries In Belgium
Belgium is a federal state with three communities and three regions, and they are Flemish community, Dutch community and the German community, each speaking their respective languages.
Why study in Belgium
- Belgium is a part of the European Union with lively atmosphere and cosmopolitan society. Students from foreign countries arrive in the country and easily mix with the culture, without any feel of being outsiders.
- Well known for beer, shipping, diamonds, and fashion industry icons, the country has a profuse boom in the field of education because the students can be around them. This has also benefited the economy of the country, where the standard of living has highly improved.
- Education universities are found mostly in the urban centres, due to which the students are able to lead a secure life, although a bit more on expenditure is to be done. Transportation facilities are highly developed in the region.
The wide array of courses that are possible to be imparted from these educational institutions is a proof of the candidates who are interested to go into Latvia.
- The country of Belgium has three different types of communities primarily, which includes the Flemish community where the language is Dutch, the French community which speaks French and the German community which has German language.
- Since the community participation is paramount in the education system of the country, the system of universities and their administration is dependent on the respective communities.
- The higher education system in Belgium as a whole consists of university level education with 1st cycle comprising of bachelor courses, 2nd cycle for masters courses and the 3rd cycle for post graduation.
- Due to the following of the Bologna Declaration by Belgian universities and the ECTS credit system, the students will be able to have a score recognised in other European countries.
- There are universities and the non university higher education which are a part of the Belgian higher education system.
For the non EU nationals, there is the need to have a visa to enter into the Belgian territory. This can be obtained by getting in touch with the Belgian Embassy or Consulate in one’s country or the designated country, if there is no such embassy. Such a visa is required if the candidate wishes to say in Belgium for more than 90 days because of the duration of course.
The Indian students wishing for study in Belgium can apply for their Visa through Belgian Embassy situated at the Country capital, New Delhi. The applications can be submitted to the Belgium Visa Application Centre at No 15 – 26, Block – E, 2nd Floor of International Trade Tower at Nehru Place, New Delhi. The basic requirements are:
- The students have to apply for Type D Visa, which is better known as Student Visa
- The students have to obtain Authorization from Belgian Consulate for temporary stay in Belgium through the Provisional Sojourn mode
- The travel document (passport must be valid for a minimum period of 3 months more that the period of stay in Belgium
- A proof of registration with the Higher Studies Department of Belgium is mandatory for such Visa applications
- A pledge of financial Support from the KaHO or European Commission
- A proof of identity is mandatory for all Visa applications
- A certificate of Health issued by the designated Doctor from the Belgian Embassy is required on essential grounds
The Visa matter is looked after by the Foreigners Department of the FPS Home Affairs, which is the official authority to look into matters of stay, residence, territory and removal of foreigners.
Cost of study and living in Belgium
In the universities, the primary courses have usually tuition fees of 835 Euros. Apart from the basic tuition fees, students from outside the EU will have to submit additional fees which total to a variable amount between 1923 and 3845 Euros. The exact amount to be paid is made known to the student in the letter of confirmation of the admission. There is also some variation in the total tuition fees depending on the university and the type of courses that one chooses.
Some universities also have adequate accommodation facilities for the international students, which can be arranged by getting in touch with the office in the universities.
Plenty of scholarship programs are available for the students from foreign countries such as
- Flemish International University Council
- Belgian Development Cooperation
- Royal Museum of Central Africa
- Erasmus Mundus Grants System
These scholarships have been provided by the private organisations, government bodies and individual scholarship agreements.
Being a part of the European Union, the country of Belgium offers plenty of opportunities for the international students. Not only are they able to access higher education but also study in a beautiful surrounding, which has recognition among the western countries. So, after passing out from such universities, companies can be brought into the recruitment of new talents.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>