The respect that someone in the Indian Army or Navy or Air Force, begets as an officer or simple constable is without match in any other profession. Although it is a sad state of affair that few people are nowadays showing interest in getting recruited into the three wings of the Indian defence services, the scopes of defence jobs are in plenty with this being one among the largest employers of the country in terms of number.
The need to have defence jobs in almost every corner of the country makes it obvious that the jobs in this sector are always in high demand. People have a number of opportunities at different levels to enter into the defence services. Starting from those who have just passed the 10+2 exams to the ladies who are eager for such jobs, these opportunities are right there to be grasped. Also the work profile can vary from being soldiers who are directly in combat to being engineers and other staff who are looking after the logistics. Providing sufficient back up is as important as fighting in the battlefield and therefore these requirements are to be filled.
- After the 10+2 exam, people can go for the engineering jobs through the Technical Entry Scheme. Selected candidates will be trained by the army before becoming eligible as an officer. There is no need to pass through the UPSC exam for such recruitment.
- National Defence Academy at Khadakvasla has intake of students after their 10+2 exam through the NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC. Students who enter into this training institute pass and get commissioned ranks in the Indian defence and are highly respected officers, on account of the disciplined training that they undergo in the academy. This preparation, for the armed forces, includes a graduation degree in JNU in science or humanities and proficiency in any one extracurricular activity.
- After graduation, a student can opt for the Combined Defence Services Examination in order to get posting as an officer in the regular or short service commission. Those choosing the regular service category are trained at the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun, while the short service officers get their training in the Officer’s Training Academy in Chennai and get posting for 5 years, which can then be extended.
- Students with engineering background can join the armed forces through the University Entry Scheme, if they are in the pre-final year or final year. The Technical Graduate Scheme is applicable for those graduates who have already passed their degree exams, by simply appearing before the Service Selection Board.
- Women can also enter into the Indian defence services at the graduate, post graduate or engineering levels. They have now been given equal importance in the officer level and have gone on to declare themselves equal to men when it comes to a career in defence.
Apart from these jobs, there are many other class III and class IV employment opportunities which are also found in plenty in the defence forces. Though these are of the category of daily wage earner, yet they still provide people with earning a good amount for their livelihood, which is perhaps found in some rare sector.
There are many such opportunities for the interested candidates to join the defence jobs. With faster promotions, better salary and the lure of government jobs, many candidates are opting for defence services in all the three wings of the armed forces. Some of these recruits go directly into the combat while many others, mostly of the technical cadre, are behind the fighting zone and provide the necessary back up.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>