(For Recruitment of JE in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract branches)
As a vital nodal recruitment agency from the union Government of India, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) bears a major responsibility for safeguarding interests of various credential that are inevitable for specific job positions. Entrusted to recruit eligible candidates for various profiles of Group B and Group C cadre posts in the Central as well as State government through competent selection norms, SSC is serving the nation for an unquestionable for better recruitment of human resources in various profiles of operation.
With its present notification, the SSC is inviting competent applications from aspirants from all corners of India to fill up vacancies of Junior Engineers through Combined All India Open Junior Engineers Examination, 2014.
The details of eligibility criteria are as under:
Important Dates for Consideration:
- Date of publication of notification: 01-Mar-2014
- Opening Date for Online Registration of Application: 01-Mar-2014
- Last Date for acceptance of Application Forms: 28-Mar-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Last Date of acceptance of Application Forms from far-flung areas: 04-Apr-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of examination: 25-May-2014
NOTE: Only online applications will be entertained for this recruitment. The facility of online application will be available from 01-Mar-2014 to 26-Mar-2014 (up to 5.00pm) for Part-I registration and 01-Mar-2014 to 28-Mar-2014 (up to 5.00pm) for part II registration.
Details of Job Positions:
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD and Department of Posts
- Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) in Border Roads Organisation (BRO) of Ministry of Defence
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage
- Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying and Contracts) in MES
- Total number of vacancies will be declared in due course of selection.
- Reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ ExS/ PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Norms.
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The selected candidates as Junior Engineers will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Group-B at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with GP of Rs. 4200 (in PB-II)
- Other perks and remunerations will be applicable as per rules.
Age Limit (as on 01-Jan-2014):
- 18-27 years: for Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD and Department of Posts and for Junior Engineers(Quantity Surveying and Contract) in MES
- Not exceeding 30 Years: for Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) in MES and for Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) in Border Roads Organisation (BRO) of Ministry of Defence
- Up to 32 Years: for Junior Engineers (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage
- However, the maximum age is relaxable for OBC, SC, ST and other eligible candidates as per central government recruitment norms
Educational and Academics (as on 01-Jan-2014):
- The candidates must have completed 3 (Three) Years Diploma or equivalent in concerned branch of Engineering (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical).
- For candidates applying for posts against Border Roads Organization, 2 years of post-qualification experience is desirable.
- The posts vacant in the MES, the candidates having Bachelors Degree in concerned branches of Engineering are eligible to apply along with the Diploma holders. All candidates applying for posts in MES, should have at least 2 years of post-qualification experience
- For Junior Engineer(QS&C) MES posts candidates who have acquired Intermediate examination certificate in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional -II of the Institute of Surveyors (India), are also eligible to apply along with Diploma holders.
- The application fee: Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred Only)
- The candidates should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India either in the form of Challan or through SBI net banking.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Women/ PWD and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying any fees.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates will be selected on a Merit Ranking basis on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination followed by an Interview.
- Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects of appointment.
How to Apply:
- All interested candidates can apply through the Online mode only at the website of the SSC through at http://ssconline.nic.in and at http://ssconline2.gov.in .
- The candidates should read through the detailed application requirements as available at the above website before applying.
- There is no need to send any hardcopy of the application at this moment
- The candidates should fill facts and keep documentary evidence against their eligibility conditions.
- The candidates should upload their signature and photographs at appropriate spaces
- The candidates should keep the copy of the application form and fee payment receipt for future reference.