With the present opening for various positions, the SSC is inviting competent applications from aspirants from all corners of India to fill up the positions of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi.;
& Grade ‘D’ positions for Ministries/Departments of Central Government including Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
The details of eligibility criteria are detailed as under:
Important Dates for Consideration:
- Date of Advertisement and Publication of notification: 31-May-2014
- Date of closing of Part-I of Online Registration: 25-June-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of closing of Part-II of Online Registration and final acceptance of Application Forms: 27-June-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of acceptance of Online Application Forms from far-flung areas: 03-July-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of examination: 14-September-2014
Details of Job Positions:
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group-B- Non-Gazetted) & Grade ‘D’ (Group C-Non-technical)
Cadre of Service:
The candidates selected through this competitive examination will be posted under the various departments and cadre of services under the central Government
Number of Vacancies:
Tentative vacancies for Stenographers Grade C: 38 (UR- 27,SC- 01,ST- 06,OBC- 04, OH- 01, VH- NIL, Ex-servicemen- NIL)
Tentative vacancies for Stenographers Grade D: 496 (UR- 300, SC- 62, ST- 33, OBC- 101, OH- 11, VH- 02, Ex-servicemen- 19)
- The exact number of vacancies will be intimated in due course. It will be as per the requirement of the concerned departments, which will be notified in due course.
- For all these posts reservation will be applicable to SC, ST, OBC, PWD and others as per rules
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi with AISL
Academic Eligibility As on August 01, 2014:
The candidates interested for these positions should have completed their 12th standard (Intermediate) with a shorthand speed of 100 wpm for Grade ‘C’ and 80 wpm for Grade ‘D’ positions.
- Ideally a candidate should not cross 27 years and should have achieved at least 18 years as on the 01-August-2014
- The relaxation will be applicable for SC, ST, OBC and PWD as per norms
- In no case the maximum age should be more than 50 years
For the candidates sending the application by post:
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Fees exempted
- For all others: Rs.100
- The fee can be deposited by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps(CRFS)” only as available at different post offices across the country
- The CRFS should have been obtained after the publication of this advertisement
For the candidates submitting their applications on-line:
Candidates who have to pay application fee can pay fee online through SBI net banking or cash through SBI bank challan.
To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print-out of challan generated online after completion of part I registration. Deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration.
- Preliminary Selection on the basis of credentials
- Screening Test (as per the SSC in shape of Objective Type Written Examination)
- Skill Test / Typing Test / Stenography Test
- Interview/ Personality Test
- There will be negative marks for each wrong answer in the written examination
Documents to be attached along with the application:
a) All certificate true copies
b) Recent passport size photograph to be pasted on the application
c) Photograph must have been signed by the forwarding authority with his seal and signature on it
d) CRFS for requisite fees
e) Documents in support of relaxation in Age credentials
f) Certified True Copy of the Service Book as certified by the head of the Department
How to Apply:
- All interested candidates can apply through the Online Mode of application OR by Post as available at the website of the SSC through the notification as available at http://www.ssc.nic.in
- Before applying the candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement to understand the essential requirements.
- Candidates are required to indicate the order of preference for the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- The applications need to be sent to the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission
as mentioned on the detailed advertisement so as to reach by the prescribed last date.
For more detail on this recruitment as relaxation in age limit, reservations, eligibility terms, centres of examination, Address to which the applications should be sent, examination structure and pattern, syllabus of examination, complete guidelines on how to apply Online/ Offline, and other important terms; please refer to Official Advertisement: http://ssc.nic.in/notice/examnotice/Notice%20StenoC&D%202014.pdf
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>