SSC Recruitment 2014 For Junior Hindi Translator in Subordinate Offices, Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institutes, And Sr./ Jr. Translator in Ministry of Defence Exam 2014
Staff Selection Commission as a national level agency set up by the Government of India has been entrusted to support competent recruitment of candidature for various cadres of positions in the Central as well as State government through selection examination and subsequent process of recruitment (such as conduction of interview and document verification, etc.). The SSC is supporting selection and recruitment of various government job positions as desired by various departments and their dependant bodies. Mostly responsible for selection of Group B and Group C posts of the government, the SSC also extends its support for other various posts with their competent recruitment and selection.
With the recent announcement, the SSC is going to conduct a combined All India Open Competitive Examination for Junior Hindi Translator (in subordinate offices), Hindi Pradhyapak (in Central Hindi Training Institute) and Senior/ Junior Translators under ministry of Defense.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 22-Mar-2014
- Closing date for receipt of Applications: 18-Apr-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Closing date for receipt of application from far-flung areas: 25-Apr-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of All India examination: 08-Jun-2014
Details of the Posts & Pay Scale:
- Junior Hindi Translator (in subordinate offices): Pay Band-II at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4200
- Hindi Pradhyapak (in Central Hindi Training Institute): Pay Band-II at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4800
- Senior Translator (in Ministry of Defense): Pay Band-II at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4600
- Junior Translator (in Ministry of Defense): Pay Band-II at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4200
- The total number of vacancies will be announced in due course.
- All posts will carry All India Service Liability (AISL)
Education Qualification (as on 01-Jan-2014):
The candidate must have the following qualification to be eligible for the job positions:
- Junior Hindi Translator (in subordinate offices): The applicants must have Master’s Degree in Hindi or English with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with Hindi and English as main subjects (which includes the term compulsory and elective) Or an equivalent qualification thereof
- Senior Translator & Junior Translator (in Ministry of Defense): The applicants must have Master’s Degree in Hindi or English with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or as the medium of examination at the degree level Or an equivalent qualification thereof with a Certificate of Translation Course or 2 years experience in Government level as translator
- Hindi Pradhyapak (in Central Hindi Training Institute): The applicants must have Master’s Degree from a recognized university in Hindi or English with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or as the medium of examination at the degree level Or an equivalent qualification thereof along with,
Bachelors Degree in Education (BEd) and 2 years of teaching experience in Senior Secondary levels
- For details of the requirements a candidate can log on to the website of SSC at www.ssc.nic.in
- An applicant must not have exceeded 30 years as on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, the relaxation in upper age is applicable as per rules for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Ex-SM and other deserving candidates.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be following the following procedure:
- Written Exam (Paper-I and Paper-II)
- Personal Interview
- Final Medical Examination
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 100 only
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
The fee can be deposited through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of the SSC at http://ssc.nic.in
- The applications need to be typed on a good quality A4 size paper
- Application completed in all respect and attached with all valid copies of education and age proofs along with the CRFS and a stamped self-addressed envelope must be sent to the Regional Director at the address mentioned below so as to reach by 18-April-2014 (as detailed above)
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ________________________ ADVERTISED VIDE ADVT. NO.__________________”
- Address to send the completed Application are varied as per the nature of job positions. Candidates are advised to visit the complete AD at the link shared above for knowing detailed address to send completed application form.
- A candidate must submit his/ her application only to the concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the Centre selected by him/ her falls. Application received in any other Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the Commission will be rejected summarily. (Addresses of the concerned offices can be found with the detailed advertisement)
- Any discrepancy or improper information may cancel the candidature
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as a serious offense and will be dealt seriously.
One must refer to official advertisement here SSC Recruitment Notification For Junior Hindi Translator, Pradhyapak Exam 2014