As a vital nodal recruitment agency from the union Government of India, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) bears a major responsibility for safeguarding interests of various credential that are inevitable for specific job positions. Entrusted to recruit eligible candidates for various profiles of Group B and Group C cadre posts in the Central as well as State government through competent selection norms, SSC is serving the nation for an unquestionable for better recruitment of human resources in various profiles of operation.
With the present opening for various positions, the SSC- Eastern Region (SSC-ER) is inviting competent applications from aspirants from all corners of India to fill up 59 vacancies in various Group B and Group C cadre positions.
The details of eligibility criteria are detailed as under:
Important Dates for Consideration:
- Date of publication of notification: 18-Jan-2014
- Opening Date for Online Registration of Application: 18-Jan-2014
- Last Date for acceptance of Application Forms: 17-Feb-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Last Date of acceptance of Application Forms from far-flung areas: 24-Feb-2014 till 5:00 PM
Details of Job Positions:
- ER-01 – Store Assistant (in National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organization, Ministry of Science and Technology, Kolkata): 02 Posts (UR)
- ER-02 – Deputy Ranger (in Forest Survey of India, Ministry of Environment & Forest, Department of Forests & Wild Life): 01 Post (OBC)
- ER-03 – Data Processing Assistant (in Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Department of Commerce, Kolkata): 29 Posts (ST-06 & OBC-23)
- ER-04 – Investigator (Language) (in Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Department of Commerce, Kolkata): 06 Posts (SC-01, ST-01, OBC-02 & UR-02 out of which PWD-01)
- ER-05 – Scientific Assistant (Physical-Civil) (in National Test House, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs): 02 Posts (OBC-01 & UR-01)
- ER-06 – Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) (in Office of Regional Director (ER), Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Kolkata): 19 Posts (SC-03, ST-01, OBC-05 & UR-10)
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- For Posts in ER-01/02/03/04 (Store Assistant, Deputy Ranger, Data Processing Assistant, & Investigator (Language)): The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Group-C at the rate of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with GP of Rs. 2400 (in PB-I)
- For Posts in ER-05 (Scientific Assistant): The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Group-B at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with GP of Rs. 4600 (in PB-II)
- For Posts in ER-06 (Junior Technical Assistant): The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Group-B at the rate of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with GP of Rs. 4200 (in PB-II)
- Other perks and remunerations will be applicable as per rules.
- Store Assistant: Ideally should not exceed 27 years as on the last date of submission of application
- Deputy Ranger: Ideally should not exceed 28 years as on the last date of submission of application
- Data Processing Assistant, & Investigator (Language): Ideally should have attained 18 years of age and should not exceed 27 years as on the last date of submission of application
- Scientific Assistant & Junior Technical Assistant: Ideally should not exceed 30 years as on the last date of submission of application
- However, the maximum age is relaxable for OBC, SC & ST candidates as per central government recruitment norms
Educational and Academics:
- Store Assistant: Must have an completed bachelors Degree or its equivalent education with at least 1 years experience in Store Keeping. Knowledge of making bulk purchases through tender call notice under the regulation of Central Government along with knowledge of Typewriting is desirable. The candidates should have ability to read and write Hindi.
- Deputy Ranger: Must have completed 10+2 (Intermediate) or equivalent OR trained as a Forester or Forest Guard from any Regional Forest School with at least 2 years experience in Forest Survey/ Forest Resources Survey/ working plan organization in State Forest Department.
- Data Processing Assistant: Must have completed Graduation in any discipline (Science, Mathematics, Economics, Commerce, Statistics or equivalent) with Diploma/ Certificate course in Computer Application or knowledge of programming, system operations and system analysis.
- Investigator (Language): Must have completed Master’s Degree in Linguistics and should possess at least 2 years experience in Research work in Linguistics/ Scrutiny and Compilation of Language Data/ Census which should include investigation and preparation of reports on Languages/ Dialects/ Mother Tongues.
- Scientific Assistant: Must have completed Master’s Degree in Physics (Pure/ Applied) OR Chemistry (Pure/ Applied/ Industrial) OR Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Technology OR Degree in Civil Engineering. The candidates should have 2 years experience in testing and evaluation of civil engineering materials in a laboratory
- Junior Technical Assistant: Must have completed Degree in Commerce or Economics or Degree in Law from a institute/ university of repute.
- The application fee of Rs.50 (Rupees Fifty Only) need to paid through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. No other mode of payment will be entertained. The CRFS will be available at any postal counters in India.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Women/ PWD and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying any fees.
Documents to be attached along with the application:
a) Central Recruitment Fee Stamps of Rs.50 affixed and clearly cancelled on the application form.
b) One recent passport size photograph to be pasted on the application
c) Two self-addressed envelopes of 12 cms x 25 cms size, one of which should be affixed with postage stamps worth Rs.6.
d) Documents in support of claim of SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-S.
e) Attested copies of certificates
How to Apply:
- All interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application form available at the website of the SSC through the notification as available at http://www.sscer.org/ .
- The candidates should read through the detailed application requirements as available at the above website before applying.
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed with “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _________, CATEGORY NO. OF POST: ER_______; ADVERTISEMENT NO.: ER-_________”
- The applications need to be sent to the following address so as to reach by the prescribed last date:
The Regional Director
Staff Selection Commission (ER)
234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road
Nizam Palace, 1st MSO Building
8th Floor, Kolkata- 700020
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>