Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Examination, 2013 – A golden Opportunity for Career in Public Sector
Staff selection commission was incorporated on 26th November, 1977. Since then it has been a vital organisation that recruits for Group B posts and non technical Group C posts for various ministries and government departments. It is solely responsible for conduction of exams and interviews required for concerned posts. A number of posts are offered by SSC under various categories of exams. One of such exams is Combined Graduate Level. This exam is conducted in three phases namely Tier I (Written Examination), Tier II (Main Written Examination) and Tier III (Interview/ Personality Test). Tier I is common for all candidates opting for different posts.
Recruitments made through Combined Graduate Level Exam (CGL Exam)
- Inspector Of Income-Tax
- Inspector (Central Excise, PO, Examiner)
- Sub Inspector In CBI
- Inspector Of Posts
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Divisional Accountants
- Tax Assistants
- Statistical Investigators Gr. II & Compilers
- Sub-Inspector in Central Police Organisations
Syllabus for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier I
Paper of Tier I examination would likely to be of 2 hours duration for general candidates and 2 hours 40 minutes duration for visually disabled persons. Questions will be of Multiple Choice Objectives and likely to be set in both Hindi and English languages for facilitation. A total of 200 marks will be allotted for entire paper which is divided in four sections as:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 marks) – Include questions related to verbal as well as non verbal type like analogies, problem solving, visual memory, arithmetical reasoning and coding/ decoding etc.
- General Awareness (50 marks) – This section will comprise of questions related to topics politics, sports, geography, culture and history etc.
- Numerical Aptitude (50 marks) – Mathematical ability of a candidates will be tested in this section through decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers.
- English Comprehension (50 marks) – Basic comprehensions and understanding of English language is required to clear this section.
Schedule for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier I Examination 2013
In 2013, Tier I exam of SSC graduate level is likely to held as per schedule:
Date of publication of advertisement: January 19, 2013
Closing date for submission of application: February 15, 2013
Date of examination: April 14, 2013 & April 21, 2013
Above dates are tentatively scheduled for upcoming exams. One must regularly update himself regarding application and exam dates of Tier I. All recruitments done through this exam will come under different Ministries and Departments of Government of India. Aspirants who have completed their graduation from recognised university are invited to apply for various posts offered by combined graduate level exam. Visit website of SSC today in order to obtain more information. We shall be updating you guys on every bit of information for upcoming SSC CGL Exam 2013.
CHECK OUT SSC CGL 2013 COMPLETE NOTIFICATION HERE.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh