SSB Recruitment 2014 For Sub-Inspector (GD) Through Limited Departmental Competitive Exam
The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is one of the most prestigious Para-Military forces of India, which offers tremendous opportunity for people for careers.
With its recent circular, the SSB intends to recruit 88 numbers of Sub-Inspector (in General Duty) through a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE). The recruitment is open to all the Male & Female Constable (General Duty), Assistant Sub-Inspector (General Duty) and Constable (Tradesman), who fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for these vacancies. Both Male and Female candidates can apply against this vacancy notification.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 09-July-2014
- Last date for submission of Completed Application to respective units: 08-Aug-2014
- Last date for receipt of applications from Units to ARC, Frontier Hqrs, SSB, Guwahati: 19-Aug-2014
- Last date for receipt of applications from ARC to Recruitment Branch, FHQ: 25-Aug-2014
- Tentative date of selection Test: September – 2014
Details of the Vacancies:
- Sub-Inspector (GD): Total 88 Positions (UR-69, SC-13, ST-06)
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible for remuneration in the Scale of PB-II and other allowances and perks as per rules for the position of Sub-Inspector (General Duty).
- All Constables/GD, Head Constables/GD and ASI(GD) will be eligible to appear in the said LDCE. Constable (Tradesmen), who meet quality requirements to appear in SI/LDCE, are also eligible to appear.
- All aspirants should have completed four years of service, including basic training in respective grades by 01-Jan-2014.
- All aspirants should have maintained good and unblemished Annual Performance Assessment Reports of last four years service records.
- The applicants must have completed Graduation Degree from an Institute/ University of repute by the last date of submission of application.
- The age of an applicant should not exceed 32 years as on the last date of receipt of Application
- However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-SM candidates as per rules.
Physical Standard (for all):
- Height – 170 cm (male-General) and 157 Cm for Female (will be relaxed for certain candidates as per the exact notification of BSF inspectors)
- Weight – proportionate to height
- Chest – Unexpanded 80 cm and expanded 85 cm (not applicable for women)
- Eyesight – 6/6 and 6/9 in both eyes without correction
- The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision with good mental ability
Number of Chances Acceptable for LDCE:
In total, there will be maximum 3 numbers of attempts will be provided to candidates applying for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE)
- The selection will be done through checking of Service Records, Written Examination, Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency test (as required), Medical Examination and Interview
- Candidates will be selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of SSB at http://www.ssbrectt.gov.in/docs/LDCE_SI.pdf
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification thoroughly before applying for these positions.
- After filling up the form, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and Service Records, and send that to the address mentioned below at the complete advertisement (Web link above) on or before 08-Aug-2014.
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SUB INSPECTOR (GD) THROUGH LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2014” in bold and capital letter.
- All Candidates should apply through the concerned Units/HQrs in which they are posted along with all required certificates.
- Candidates are not required to submit any original certificates in support to their claims at this time.
- The candidates need to attach 2 recent passport size photographs along with the application.
- Venue and date of the test will be intimated separately.