Sikkim PSC Recruitment 2014 For Graduate Teachers (Humanities, Biology and Mathematics)
Sikkim Public Service Commission is the authority responsible for competent selection of candidates for various government departments and its associated institutions in the state of Sikkim. Acting under the guidelines of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), this PSC is delivering its services for selection of the best workforce for functioning of the Government of Sikkim.
With the recent notification from Sikkim PSC, it invites applications in prescribed formats, from candidates for the profile of Graduate Teachers in Humanities, Biology and Mathematics disciplines under Human Resource Development Department, under the Government of Sikkim administration for direct recruitment.
The details of the vacancies along with eligibility criteria for recruitment are as under:
- Date of publication of Advertisement: 09-June-2014
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 30-July-2014 up to 03:00 PM
Details of Job Positions: (Graduate Teachers)
- Graduate Teacher (Humanities): 127 Posts
- Graduate Teacher (Biology): 99 Posts (with 28 Carried-Forward Posts)
- Graduate Teacher (Mathematics): 126 Posts (with 107 Carried-Forward Posts)
Details of Reservations:
- Graduate Teacher (Humanities): 127 Posts (UR-19, BL-18, BL-W-10, MBC-17, MBC-W-09, OBC-18, OBC-W-09, ST-11, ST-W-07, SC-05, SC-W-04, where W is marked for Women candidates)
- Graduate Teacher (Biology): 99 Posts (UR-11, BL-14, BL-W-08, MBC-16, MBC-W-07, OBC-09, OBC-W-05, ST-13, ST-W-05, SC-07, SC-W-04, where W is marked for Women candidates. This includes Carried-forward posts)
- Graduate Teacher (Mathematics): 126 Posts (UR-03, BL-23, BL-W-13, MBC-21, MBC-W-10, OBC-14, OBC-W-10, ST-13, ST-W-07, SC-07, SC-W-05, where W is marked for Women candidates. This includes Carried-forward posts)
- Only local candidates, who are permanent natives of Sikkim are eligible to apply for these posts.
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for the job position of Graduate Teachers will be inducted in service with a Pay Scale in PB-2 of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 plus the grade pay of Rs.4600.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the rules of the state Government.
Educational Eligibility & Experience:
- The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed a Bachelors Degree in concerned discipline
- The candidates must have completed a Bachelors Degree with Honours in major language stream (i.e. Nepali/ Hindi)
- They must have passed Sikkim State Teachers Eligibility Test (STET)/ Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) and should have obtained a certificate in this effect.
- The candidates should be conversant with Customs and Manners of Sikkim
- The candidates should have attained the minimum age of 18 years, but should not have exceeded the maximum age of 30 years.
- However, appropriate relaxation will be applicable for privileged categories as per the State Government norms.
- For all category candidates: Rs. 150
- The fees can be deposited in cash in any branch of State Bank of Sikkim in the Account “0051-SPSC”
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
As per the number of applications received the Sikkim PSC may conduct the selection on the basis of the following 2 stages:
- Written (Main) Examination
- Classroom Demonstration/ Personality Test
In case the number of applicants are more, then the PSC may shortlist them as per its statutory norms.
How to apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions can apply through the prescribed format of application which can be downloaded from the website of Sikkim PSC at http://www.spscskm.gov.in/
- Due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The details of the advertisement must be referred to at http://spscskm.gov.in/documents/GT%20advertisement%20for%202014.pdf before filling-up/ submitting the application
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Duly filled applications in hand must be submitted to the Office of Joint Director of HRDD in their respective district along with Original Bank Receipt so as to reach by the last date specified (30-July-2014)