Sikkim Public Service Commission is the authority responsible for competent selection of candidates for various government departments and its associated institutions in the state of Sikkim. With the recent notification from Sikkim PSC, it invites applications in prescribed forms, from deserving candidates from the State of Sikkim for recruitment of Sub-Inspector in Sikkim Armed Police under the Police Department of the State administration.
The details of the vacancies along with eligibility criteria for recruitment are as under: Notification No.: 03
- Date of availability of Application Form: 20-Aug-2013
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 25-Sept-2013 up to 03:00 PM
- Date for examination: Tentatively On 24-Nov-2013
Details of Job Positions:
- Sub-Inspector Sikkim Armed Police: 16 positions (UR-02, BL-03, MBC-03, OBC-03, ST-02, SC-01, Departmental -02)
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for the job position will be inducted in service with a Pay Scale in PB-2 of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 plus the grade pay of Rs.3800.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the rules of the state government.
- The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed Graduation from a recognised University.
- The candidates should have a valid Local Employment Card
- The candidates should be able to communicate fluently in English/ Hindi, and any one of the local languages
- The applicant must be in between 18 to 25 years of age as on 1-August-2013. However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates will be applicable as per rules.
- For departmental candidates maximum age is 45 years
- Height: 5 ft 3 inches
- Weight in proportion to Height (minimum 50 Kg)
- Minimum Chest: 32 inches and minimum expansion 2 inches
Application Form Costs:
- For all category candidates: Rs. 150
- The fees can be deposited in cash in any branch of State Bank of Sikkim in the Account “0051-SPSC”
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of the following 4 stages:
- Preliminary Examination as a Screening Test
- Physical Endurance cum Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Main Examination after qualifying the preliminary examination
- Viva-Voce Test
- In case the number of applicants are more, then the PSC may shortlist them as per its statutory norms.
How to apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions can apply through the prescribed format of application which can be downloaded from the website of Sikkim PSC at http://www.spscskm.gov.in/
- Due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The details of the advertisement can be referred to at http://spscskm.gov.in/documents/Sub%20Inspector%202013/SI%20AD%202013.pdf before submitting the application
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Application Form duly filled-in along with the Photocopy of certificates and fee payment receipt shall have to be submitted in the Office of the Superintendent of Police personally or should be mailed in the envelope by registered post to the address of The Office of the Superintendent of Police in respective Districts of Sikkim, before the last date notified.