Sikkim Public Service Commission, Gangtok, invites applications from eligible local candidates for filling up of 15 (fifteen) posts of Sub Inspector on temporary regular basis in Sikkim Police, Government of Sikkim.
Last Date of submission 0f Application: August 04, 2012
Total Number of Vacancies: 15
Name of the post: Sub Inspector
Pay of scale: Rs. 9300-34800/-
Educational Qualification: Graduation from a recognized University
Candidates should have attained the age of 18 years and should not exceed 25 years as on July 01, 2012. The upper age limit shall be as follows:
ST – 30 years, SC – 30 years, B.L – 30 years, MBC – 29 years, OBC – 28 years, Unreserved – 25 years, and Home Guards – Additional Advantage of 02 years.
Application Fee: Rs. 150/-
1) Preliminary Examination as a Screening Test (2 papers)
Paper I – (200 marks/ 2 hrs)
- Current Events of State, National & International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Main features of Indian Constitution.
- Panchayati Raj (local Self Government)
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, demographics main environmental, social, educational, health, rural & urban developmental programmes of Central and State Government.
- General aspect about law & order and international security.
Paper II — (200 marks/2 hrs)
- General Science (class X level)
- Mathematics (class X level)
- English (class X level)
2) Written – Main Examination after qualifying the preliminary examination.
- General English – 100 Marks
- General Knowledge – 100 Marks
- General Papers (Two Optional Subjects) – 500 Marks (250 marks each)
Optional Subjects: (Any two papers have to be opted by the candidates from the following list.)
- Agriculture Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Bachelor in Computer Application
- Bhutia language & Literature
- Bio Technology
- B.Sc Nursing
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Electrical Engineering
- English Language & Literature
- Genetic Engineering
- Hindi Language & Literature
- Home Science
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Indian History
- Lepcha Language & Literature
- Library & Information
- Limboo Language & Literature
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Nepali Language & Literature
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Social Works
- Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Business
*Note: Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects.
- Agriculture Engineering & Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry & Agriculture
- Architecture with any of the Engineering Subjects
- Bio Technology with Agriculture or Animal husbandry or Chemistry or Forestry or Botany or Zoology.
- Economics & Commerce
- Economics & Statistics
- Education & Physical Education
- Engineering subject with another engineering subject
- Forestry, Botany & Agriculture
- Genetic Engineering & Bio Technology
- Geography & Geology
- Home Science, Hotel & Hospitality Administration & Physical Education
- Language & Literature subject with another Language & Literature
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Medical Science & Home Science
- Psychology, Education & Social work
- Political Science & Public Administration
- Sociology, Anthropology & Social work
- Tourism, Hotel Administration, Geography and BBA
4) Viva – Voce Test – 100 Marks
Selected candidates after qualifying the Written Main Examination and Physical Efficiency Test will be allowed in the Viva Voce.
Interested and eligible candidates may download application form from www.spscskm.gov.in. The form should be filled up by the candidate himself/herself completed in all manners and submitted in the office of the Superintendent of Police in their respective districts along with original Bank Receipt of State Bank of Sikkim, for Rs. 150/- credited to ‘0051- SPSC’.
For more details such as Category wise vacancies Admit Card issue date, general instruction, other requirement Visit SIKKIM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION GANGTOK RECRUITMENT 2012 – POLICE JOBS
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>