Sikkim Police Recruitment 2014 For Constables (GD/ Technical/ Drivers) and Followers
Sikkim Police is one of the most competent Police Forces of India, responsible for maintaining law and order along with vigilance of the border disputes with Tibet. It is also considered as one of the most organized security forces of the state and is being operated under the state home department. As a responsible force, the Sikkim Police is responsible for various counter-insurgency operations, combating acts of terrorism, safe keeping of human lives, and operating as a special task force for other law and order situations as well as peace-keeping initiatives in the state. This force is responsible for ensuring stability in the state as far as crime and trafficking is concerned.
With the recent announcement, from Sikkim Police, it is inviting candidates for induction as Constables in General Duty (GD), Constable (Technical), Constable (Driver) and Followers in India Reserve Battalion (IRB) Police Force.
The details of the vacancies along with eligibility criteria for recruitment are as under:
- Date of availability of Application Form: 14-Feb-2013
- Last date for availability and submission of completed application form:
20-Mar-2014May 14, 2014
- Date and Venue for Physical Measurement & PET:
Tentatively From 02-Apr-2014 till 11-Apr-2014
Mangan ( Namphrikdang Ground) – May 27, 2014 from 8 AM
Pipley IRBn Camp – May 30, 2014; May 31, 2014; and June 01, 2014 from 8 AM Daily
Gangtok (Khelgaon, Reshithang) – June 04, 2014; June 05, 2014; June 06, 2014; and June 07, 2014 from 8 AM Daily
Details of Job Positions:
- Constable – General Duty: 450 Posts
- Constable – Driver: 85 Posts
- Constable – Technical: 30 Posts
- Follower: 07 Posts
- The reservation for SC, ST, OBC, HG, MBC, Ex-Servicemen and other candidates will be applicable as per rules of the Sikkim Police.
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- Constables: The candidates selected for the Constable positions will be inducted in service with a Pay Scale in PB-I in the range of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 plus a grade pay of Rs.2400.
- Followers: The candidates selected for the Constable positions will be inducted in service with a Pay Scale in PB-I in the range of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 plus a grade pay of Rs.2200.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the rules of the state government.
- For all Candidates except HG for Constable GD/ Driver posts: The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed Matriculation from a recognised Board.
- For HG Candidates for Constable GD/ Driver posts: The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed Matriculation if registered after 04-Sep-2012. For candidates who have enrolled before 04-Sept-2012, they need to pass 7th Standard from a recognized board.
- For Constable (Technical): The candidates should have completed 12th standard from a recognized Board/ Council.
- For Followers: The candidates should have completed 6th standard of education.
- Constable GD/ Technical/ Followers: The applicant must be in between 18 to 22 years of age as on 01-Mar-2014.
- Constable Driver: The applicant must be in between 20 to 25 years of age as on 01-Mar-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates will be applicable as per rules.
- Height: 5 ft 3 inches for male and 5 ft for Female
- Weight in proportion to Height (minimum 50 Kg for male and 45 kg for female)
- Minimum Chest: 32 inches and minimum expansion 2 inches for male only
- All candidates applying for Constable Driver posts must have a valid license issued by a Competent Authority for Transport (T) Vehicle Driving.
- Skill tests will be for LMV, MV and Heavy Vehicles
Application Form Costs:
- For all category candidates: Rs. 70
- The fees can be deposited in cash in any branch of State Bank of Sikkim in the Account “0055-Police-800 Other Receipts”
- The forms will be available from the office of the Commandant (3rd IRBn), Police Head Quarter, Gangtok and the offices of District SSP (North/South/West) on any working days.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of the following 4 stages:
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency/ Endurance Test
- Written Main Examination
- Skill Test (For Drivers and Followers)
- Viva-Voce Test
- In case the number of applicants are more, then the Sikkim Police may shortlist them as per its prevailing norms.
- The selected male candidates on completion of basic training shall be posed in India Reserve Battalion and shall be liable to serve in any part of India.
How to apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions can apply through the prescribed format of application which can be obtained from the Offices mentioned above or downloaded from the website of Sikkim Police at www.sikkimpolice.nic.in
- Due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The details of the advertisement can be referred to at www.sikkimpolice.nic.in/Sikkim_Police_Combined_Recruitment_2014.pdf before submitting the application
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Application Form duly filled-in along with the Photocopy of certificates and fee payment receipt shall have to be submitted in the Office of the Superintendent of Police personally or should be mailed in the envelope by registered post to the address of The Office of the Superintendent of Police in respective Districts of Sikkim, before the last date notified (20-Mar-2014).