The SCI Recruitment 2014 For Trainee & Regular EPRO- Fitter
Established with the merger of Eastern and Western Shipping Corporation during the year 1961, the Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) was set by the Government of India. Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid/ Chemical carriers, LPG/ Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels. Sailing through for nearly five decades, the SCI today has a significant presence on the global maritime map.
As a profitable commercial venture of the Government of India, the SCI has an excellent track record of profitability since its inception. The SCI’s annual performance has consecutively been rated excellent for a record 18 times, under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the Government of India. At present SCI is regarded as one of the most honored Navaratna companies of India.
With the recent notification from the SCI, there is a notification to induct Trainee Engine Room Petty Officers (Fitter) and Engine Room Petty Officers (Fitter) on direct contract norms. The selection will be done through an Walk-In interview and candidates are advised to go through the details below to appear in the interview.
The details of the criteria are as follows:
Important Date of Walk-in:
- For Engine Room Petty Officers (Fitter) & Trainee with necessary certificates and sailing experience: 22-Apr-2014 from 11:00 AM
- For Engine Room Petty Officers (Fitter) & Trainee without necessary certificates and sailing experience: 23-Apr-2014 from 11:00 AM
Educational Eligibility & Experience:
- The applicant must have completed a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from NCTVT or National Trade Certificate in the trade of Fitter or Diesel/ Motor Mechanic or Machinist from a recognized ITI.
OR, Should have Two years Trade Apprentice certificate from Government approved Shipyard in the trade of Fitter or Diesel/ Motor Mechanic or Machinist.
- The applicant should be proficient in any out of Welding and Gas Cutting/ Fabrication and proficiency in fitting/ Lathe, drill and other machine operation/ Ship related maintenance work.
- Preference will be given to candidates having 6 months of sailing experience as a Mechanical Fitter.
- For EPRO: The applicants must not have crossed 40 years of age subject to medical fitness.
- For Trainee EPRO: The applicants must not have crossed 30 years of age subject to medical fitness.
- There will be consideration/ relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per rules.
- The candidates must have a good Medical Standard as per the normal Sea norms. He/ She must possess good vision.
- For EPRO:
- The consolidated Gross Wages for a Foreign Going Vessel will be Rs.41884 per month @Rs.1377 per day (approximately) including overtime of 120 hours less tax as per Income Tax Rules.
- For Trainee EPRO:
- Candidates with requisite qualification, all necessary certificates and without any sailing experience will be recruited as Trainee ERPOs on contract basis.
- These fresh candidates will be sent for one (1) month ashore workshop training prior posting onboard.
- After workshop training, trainee ERPOs will be posted for onboard training for six (6) months with consolidated stipend of Rs.10000 per month.
- The candidates will have to appear an walk-in at the 3rd floor of FP section of SCI.
- The selection will consist of various tests, document verification and medical test
- The final selection will be based on the performance in the Interview and the medical test.
- Must be in possession of valid Indian CDC, Passport, Pan Card, INDOS No., Yellow Fever Vaccination & PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) with at least one year validity.
- Must have completed all required STCW courses and STSDSD from DG approved institutes
- Must have technical qualifications as mentioned above.
- Must be medically fit for sea service as per present medical rules.
How To Apply:
- The candidates who are eligible as per the criteria set with this advertisement can directly come for walk-in at the venue mentioned below well-before the scheduled time.
- The candidates need to ensure that they have all competencies as detailed in the eligible criteria as on the advertisement.
- The applicants should read through the details available at http://www.shipindia.com/careers/recruitment-details.aspx?MjU.
- The Venue address to appear Walk-in:
Third Floor, Fleet Personnel Dept.
SCI Head Office
245, Shipping House, Madame Cama Road, Nariman Point
Mumbai 400021, Maharashtra, India
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>