Ones should start preparing for Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam (SCRA) from an early stage. A person who aspires to take this exam must start gaining knowledge right after class XI. Clear concepts in mathematics, general awareness and English will eventually lead you to success.
Besides sharpening your skills in subjects you must also make a regular habit of reading newspaper. Collect as much information as you can about current affairs and recent events. For students doing their intermediate, preparation of SCRA exams is rather easy as they prepare along with their own subjects.
Before applying for it you must also have ample knowledge of exam pattern and type of questions that are asked. A better understanding of paper could lead you to sure success in first attempt.
SCRA Exam Pattern
SCRA examination will be conducted in two parts. First part will consist of written test carrying 600 marks while second part will be of personality test carrying 200 marks. Written test will be of qualifying nature. Those who cannot qualify it will not be able to take personality test. One can also refer to SCRA previous year questions papers for understanding pattern. Written will comprise of 3 papers each carrying 200 marks and of 2 hours duration. They are divided as follows:
- General Ability Test – English, General Knowledge and Psychological Test.
- Physical Sciences – Physics and Chemistry.
All papers will consist of objective type questions. Candidates are required to prepare for this paper in English as it will be set in one language only.
An idea of syllabus can be gained from SCRA question papers provided on internet or competitive books. For your convenience we are providing an overview of all subjects:
- General awareness: Candidate will be tested on basis of awareness he has of his surroundings. Questions related to history, sports, geography, events, politics, Indian constitution, economics and solar system etc will be asked.
- English language: Understanding of candidate about language and use of its tenses will be judged in this section. One should carefully study Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs, Tenses and other essential parts of Grammar.
- Psychological test: This test will be conducted to test mental ability and intelligence level of a person.
- Physics & Chemistry: Topics of intermediate will be required to study for this section.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Differential equations, statistics and vectors are some common topics that are asked.
- Personality Test: In this test an interview will be conducted on basis of your academic and extracurricular records.
SCRA Previous Year Question Papers can help you win half of the battle to crack the Exam:
SCRA Question Paper 2014:
SCRA Question Paper 2013:
SCRA Question Paper 2012:
SCRA Question Paper 2011:
SCRA Question Paper 2010:
SCRA Question Paper 2009:
Best of Luck!