Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is one of the most respected Para-Military Forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. With the recent notification from the SSB, it intends to recruit General Duty Medical Officers and Specialist Doctors on following disciplines purely on Contractual recruitment norms.
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
Profile of the Job:
- Specialist Doctors (For Y and Z category Stations)
- General Duty Medical Officers (For Y and Z category Stations)
Basis of recruitment: Purely Contractual in Nature
Mode of recruitment: Walk-In Interview
Period of Contract:
- 3 Years from the date of contract
- Till the candidates attains the age of 65 years
- Till a permanent replacement is available for the said position
Note: This contract is valid for the above conditions, whichever is earlier. The contract can be terminated by 30 days notice or remuneration in lieu of from either party.
Numbers of vacancies:
- GDMO: 45 Positions
- Specialist Doctors: 11 Positions
- 25th Bn Ghittorni – 5 GDMOs -(for the hospitals in HP, J&K & Rajasthan)
- CH Gorakhpur– 4 Specialist Doctors (Each 1 for Radiologist, Anaesthetist, Gynaecologist, and Ophthalmologist) and 14 GDMOs for Hospitals in Uttarakhand and UP
- CH Purnea: 6 Specialist Doctors (each 1 for Radiologist, Anaesthetist, Gynaecologist, Ophthalmologist, Surgery and Medicines) and 15 GDMOs for the Hospitals in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha
- CH Tezpur(Salonibari): 1 Specialist Doctor (Gynaecologist) and 11 GDMOs for the Hospitals in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
Dates & Place of Walk-In Interview:
- At 25th Bn Ghittorni – for the hospitals in HP, J&K & Rajasthan – 9-April-2013 till 11-April-2013
- At CH Gorakhpur– for Hospitals in Uttarakhand and UP – 15-April-2013 till 18-April-2013
- At Kathgodam (Haldwani) Transit Camp – for Hospitals in Uttarakhand and UP – 22-April-2013 till 23-April-2013
- At 7th Bn Bahraich (UP) – for Hospitals in Uttarakhand and UP – 26-April-2013 till 27-April-2013
- At SHQ Muzaffarpur (under CH Purnea) – for the Hospitals in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha – 9-April-2013 till 11-April-2013
- At CH Purnea (Bihar) – for the Hospitals in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha – 15-April-2013 till 18-April-2013
- At Ftr. Hqrs Siliguri – for the Hospitals in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha – 22-April-2013 till 23-April-2013
- At CH Tezpur (Salonibari, Assam) – for the Hospitals in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam – 9-April-2013 till 11-April-2013
- At SHQ Bongaigaon, Assam – for the Hospitals in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam – 15-April-2013 till 18-April-2013
Essential Criteria for Eligibility:
The applicants must not have crossed the max age of 65 years as on the date of Walk-In
- Academics/ Professional Qualification:
The applicants must have a recognized medical qualification included in the first or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The applicant must have completed the compulsory rotating internship.
For Specialist Doctor Positions the applicant must have Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in the concerned Specialty as mentioned in Section A or Section B of Schedule VI or equivalent Along with 1 ½ years experience for Post Graduate degree holder & 2 ½ years for Diploma holder in the concerned specialty after obtaining the Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma or equivalent
The consolidated remuneration will be in the range of:
- for Specialists of ‘Y’ Category Station: Rs.60841 (consolidated)
- for Specialists of ‘Z’ Category Station: Rs.57672 (consolidated)
- for GDMOs of ‘Y’ Category Station: Rs.50400 (consolidated)
- for GDMOs of ‘Z’ Category Station: Rs.47775 (consolidated)
No other facilities and allowances will be applicable for the candidates.
The selection will be based on a merit performance in the Walk-in interview followed by clearance of Medical Procedures.
The Medical Test will be conducted on the same date after the interview is over.
- The candidates should reach the concerned stations on the date of Walk-in with all their credentials, original certificates, photocopies of certificates and recent passport size photograph.
- The applicants can visit the website of SSB at http://www.ssbrectt.gov.in to know more about the recruitment procedures.