There is a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life! With this punch line, the Steel Authority of India Limited, single largest iron and Steel manufacturer of India has been conferred with a Maharatna status.
Set up in the late 50’s, Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) is one of the modernized integrated steel plants of SAIL, employing a motivated workforce of around 12000 employees, is producer of Wheel & Axle for Railways, Structural for construction and semis in the form of Blooms and Billets. The DSP now has state-of –the-art technology for quality steel making. The entire plant is management system compliant through ISO 9001:2000 for Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2004 for Environment Management System, OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health & Safety and SA 8000:2008 for Social Accountability. Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) hospital is a 600 bedded multi-specialty hospital and is dedicated for catering to the lives of employees and those living in and around Durgapur Steel Plant.
With the recent notification from Durgapur Steel Plant Hospital, SAIL invites competent applications from qualified nurses to join in the “Proficiency Training’ in identified disciplines at DSP Hospital.
The details of the criteria for eligibility and concerned process for selection are detailed as under:
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of notification: 04-June-2014
- Last date receipt of competent application: 14-June-2014 (by 05:00 PM)
- Date for reckoning Age and eligibility: 30-June-2014
- Date of Interview: Tentatively on 30-June-2014
Details of Engagement: Proficiency Training of Qualified Nurses
Departments/ Disciplines of Recruitment:
- The trainee nurses will be admitted in various disciplines such as in ICU/ NICU/ BICU, Medicine, Surgery, OBS & Gyn, Paediatrics, Casualty, Orthopaedics, and Chest.
Number of Vacancies/ Interns: 60 Nos
Duration of Training:
- The training will be for a duration of 11 months only.
- On completion of training in Durgapur Steel Plant Hospital, a ‘Certificate of Proficiency‘ will be issued to the successful candidates based on their satisfactory performance as per M&HS Department.
- The engagement is purely for “Proficiency Training” and is not to be construed as giving rise to any right of appointment in Durgapur Steel Plant Hospital in any manner
Daily Working Hours:
- The trainee nurses will be performing 8 hours of duty per day and will be entitled to 1 day leave per week. Apart from this they will also be entitled for 15 days of annual leave.
- During the period of training the trainee nurses will be entitled to receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs.7500 per month.
- The remuneration will be proportionate to total attendance per month.
- The Trainee Nurses will be eligible to received shared accommodation (subject to availability) and Medical Facility for self during their training.
- The applicants should have completed BSc/ Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery.
- They must have completed Internship and must have a Certificate of Internship.
- A registration should be done in State Nursing Council.
- If Nurses do not have Registration Certificate from Nursing Council at the time of joining, they will have to deposit their ‘Certificate of Registration’ within three (3) months from the date of their engagement as Proficiency Trainee Nurses.
- The applicant Nurses should be within the maximum age limit of 35 years as on 30-June-2014.
- However, age relaxation will be applicable for the SC, ST, OBC candidates as per rules.
- The applicants selected for the training will have to submit an Undertaking on a Bond Paper of value Rs.10 as per the format specified on the detailed advertisement at Annexure-A of the advertisement at http://sailcareers.com/pdf/DSP-Proficiency%20Training%20Programme.pdf
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following criteria:
- Scrutiny of Candidature
- Marks obtained in the 3rd Year exam of BSc/ Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course
- Internship Certificate
- Walk-in Interview
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of SAIL at http://www.sail.co.in or at http://sailcareers.com/pdf/DSP-Proficiency%20Training%20Programme.pdf
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- The candidates need to paste their photograph and put their signature on the application form.
- The candidates should invariably specify their Name, Age, Date of Birth, Caste, Complete Postal Address, Telephone, Name of the Nursing Training Institute, Year-wise details of BSc/ GNM Exams (year, total and acquired marks, percentage) on the application form at appropriate spaces.
- The applications must be forwarded in a sealed envelope containing filled-in applications on a plain paper, along with a Declaration and should be clearly super-scribed as “Application – Interview for Proficiency Training of Nurses at DSP Hospital”, so as to reach by the last date prescribed (14-June-2014 by 05:00 PM)
- E-mails/ Fax correspondences will not be entertained.
- Wrong and misleading information may subject to disqualification of candidature.
- Address to submit the completed application:
The AGM (P&A-M&HS)
DSP Main Hospital, Durgapur
West Bengal, PIN-713205