Steel Authority of India Limited is one of the leading Maharatna Companies of India operating for production of best standard steels through its Steel Plants. Being a fully integrated Iron and Steel maker, SAIL retains a glorious cadre of reputation even among the Steel manufacturers of the world. With a vast network of 5 integrated Steel Plants, 3 Special Steel Plants and numerous other joint ventures, this is the single largest producer of Steel as a public sector entity.
With the recent notification from one of its integrated Steel Plants, Visvesvaraya Iron & Steel Plant at Bhadravati in Shivamogga district of Karnataka State, SAIL invites competent applications from individuals to join this vivacious workforce as an Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee and Junior Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee.
The details of the criteria for eligibility and concerned process for selection are detailed as under:
Employment Notification Number: Pers(W)/01/2013
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 22-May-2013
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 11-June-2013
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees: In between 22-May till 11-June-2013
- Last Date for receipt of Hardcopy of the Application (ordinary post only): 20-June-2013
Details of Vacancy Positions:
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): 28 positions (UR-13, SC-05, ST-01, and OBC-09 positions (including 2 backlog) out of which PWD-02 positions)
The vacancies are divided as per specific trades of Engineering such as:
Mechanical – 09, Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics – 06, Metallurgy – 11, Mechatronics (Combination of Mechanical, Instrumentation & Automation subjects) – 01, & Computer Science –01 positions
- Junior Operator-cum-Technician (Grade S-1): 02 positions (UR-1, and OBC-1 positions)
Specific trade: Heavy vehicle driver (Pay Loader/ Dumper Operator)
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants as Operator-cum-Technician-Trainee will be eligible for a stipend of Rs.10700 per month in the first year of their training and Rs.12200 in the second year of their training. After successful completion they will be eligible to receive a scale pay in the range of Rs.9160-Rs.13150 in the S-3 Grade.
- The selected applicants as Junior Operator-cum-Technician-Trainee will be eligible for a stipend of Rs.8600 per month in the first year of their training and Rs.10000 in the second year of their training. After successful completion they will be eligible to receive a scale pay in the range of Rs.86300-Rs.12080 in the S-1 Grade.
- Apart from the Basic pay the candidates will be eligible for DA, Company Accommodation, CCA, Incentive, Reimbursement of Local Traveling Expenses and other facilities such as medical for self and family, PF, Gratuity as per company rules.
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): The applicants should have completed 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering (after Matriculation) in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Metallurgy/ Mechatronics/ Computer Science disciplines (as per the requirement of the posts.
- Junior Operator-cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade S-1): The applicants should have completed Matriculation and should be with Heavy Duty Vehicle Driving License and having at least one year experience in operation of Dumper and Pay Loader.
- The applicant should be within 18-28 years of age as on 1-Jan-2013
- Note: However, age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates as per rules
- For SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs.50 (for both category of posts)
- For General and OBC: Rs.250 (for Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee)
- For General and OBC: Rs.100 (for Junior Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee)
- The fee can be paid through Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of SAIL-VISL and Payable at Bhadravathi-577 301, Shivamogga District, Karnataka
- The applicants selected for the jobs will be inducted in a Training Duration expanding over a minimum of 2 years. This may be further expanded if desired by SAIL.
- After successful completion of the training period the candidates will be inducted as technicians in the same scale of S-3/ S-1 as per the posts
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Scrutiny of Candidature
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through Online mode at the website of SAIL at http://www.sail.co.in
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- The candidates need to have their photograph and signature scanned for uploading during online registration
- A valid email ID is mandatory for registering online
- The candidates need to take the Printout of the Online Application, attach that with the essential Demand Draft and other copies of certificates and send that to the following address so as to reach by the stipulated date (i.e. 20-June-2013)
- Wrong and misleading information may subject to disqualification of candidature
- For further clarification candidates can log in to http://sail.shine.com/jobs/119/
- Address to send hardcopy of the application with essential documents:
The Sr. Manager-Personnel (Works)
SAIL-Visvesvaraya Iron & Steel Plant
Shivamogga District, Karnataka
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>