SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited) is a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of Rs. 49350 crore (FY 2012-13) is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market. In order to facilitate development and acquisition of appropriate technologies for sustained growth, SAIL R&D Master Plan implementation is underway.
Research & Development Centre for Iron and Steel (RDCIS) at Ranchi is the Corporate R&D unit of SAIL and is the nodal agency for implementing the R&D Master Plan. It has Plant Centres at Bokaro, Bhilai, Burnpur, Durgapur, Rourkela & Bhadravati.
With the recent notification from RDCIS, SAIL invites competent applications from individuals to join this versatile workforce as an Assistant Manager and Manager Grades in R&D.
The details of the criteria for eligibility and concerned process for selection are detailed as under:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 02-Nov-2013
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 02-Dec-2013
- Date of reckoning Age and Qualification: 01-Oct-2013
Details of Vacancy Positions:
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Mechanical – Grade E2: 08 positions (UR-04, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Metallurgy and or Materials Science – Grade E2: 06 positions (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-02)
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Mineral Engineering – Grade E2: 01 position (UR)
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Chemical – Grade E2: 04 positions (UR-03, OBC-01)
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Ceramics – Grade E2: 02 positions (UR)
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Geology/Applied Geology – Grade E2: 02 positions (UR-01, OBC-01)
- Assistant Manager (R&D) – Electronics – Grade E2: 01 position (SC)
- Manager (R&D) – Metallurgy – Grade E4: 02 Positions (UR)
- Manager (R&D) – Mineral – Grade E4: 01 Positions (UR)
The vacancies will be divided for Fitter, Electrician and Machinist trades:
Pay Scale Provisions:
- Assistant Managers: The selected applicants as Assistant Managers will be eligible for a scale pay in the range of Rs.24900-Rs.50500 in the Grade-2 in IDA pattern.
- Managers: The selected applicants as Managers will be eligible for a scale pay in the range of Rs.36600-Rs.62000 in the Grade-4 in IDA pattern.
- All the scales will be in the IDA pattern with 3% increment in base salary annually
- Assistant Managers: The selected applicants should have completed Graduate Degree in Engineering/ Post-Graduate Degree in appropriate branches of studies with at least 65% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD). They must have at least 4 years of Post-Qualification Experience (2 years of experience is the applicant is a PhD scholar) in the concerned areas.
- Managers: The selected applicants should have completed Post-Graduate Degree in Engineering in appropriate branches of Engineering with at least 65% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD). They must have at least 10 years of Post-Qualification Experience (6 years of experience is the applicant is a PhD scholar) in the concerned areas.
- Assistant Managers: The applicant should not have exceeded 34 years of age as on 01-Oct-2013.
- Managers: The applicant should not have exceeded 40 years of age as on 01-Oct-2013
Note: However, age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, OBC, PWD and Ex-SM as per rules
- For General and OBC: Rs.500
- For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Departmental candidates: Rs.100
- The fee can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking online through the payment gateway as available on the website of http://sail.shine.com/
- The applicants selected for the job positions will be inducted on Probation for a period of 1 year.
- After successful completion of probation, they will be placed in the Company as per the discretion of SAIL.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Scrutiny of Candidature
- Written Examination
- Final Pre-Employment Medical Test
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through Online mode at the website of SAIL at http://www.sail.co.in
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- The candidates need to have their photograph and signature scanned for uploading during online registration
- A valid email ID is mandatory for registering online
- The candidates need to take the Printout of the fee deposit challan and pay their application fees to the SBI account mentioned in any branch of SBI and upload the details in the same website.
- Wrong and misleading information may subject to disqualification of candidature.