Rajasthan Public Service Commission Announces State Eligibility Test for Lectureship -2012
Notification No: F.No. – F7(01) /SET/RPSC/ Noti./2012-13/60 Dated: 30.05.2012
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), the state Commission for recruitment into various government sector job opportunities in Rajasthan is inviting applications from competent individuals for appearing the State Eligibility Test (SET) for Lectureship in the state of Rajasthan.
The applications are being invited online and only online mode of application will be applicable for consideration of applicants for SET, Rajasthan. No other forms of application will be entertained.
- Last date for submission of candidature online: 30-June-2012 till 12 PM
- Scheduled date for the examination: 26-August-2012
Subjects for which Candidates will be eligible for Lectureship:
- Chemical Science
- Computer Science and Application
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Home Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Political Science
- Population Studies*
- Public Administration
- Visual Art
Who can Apply:
- Any person who has a Masters Degree or equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution recognized by UGC in Humanities (Including Languages), Social Science, Education, Population Studies, Earth Science, etc. and has secured minimum 55% of marks (without rounding off) is considered eligible to apply for this test.
For SC/ ST/ Physically Handicapped/ Visually Handicapped candidates the minimum percentage of marks to be obtained in the Masters Degree is considered at 50%.
- Any aspirant who has appeared or yet to appear his qualifying Masters Degree Examination for the final year or whose final year examination has been delayed may also apply for the SET. However their candidature will be considered on a provisional basis and they will be eligible for Lectureship only upon successful completion of their Masters Degree Examination. The minimum percentage of marks criteria for such aspirants will be at the same level (55% for General and OBC and 50% for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH candidates). Such candidates must complete their Post-Graduation within two years from the date of SET with the minimum required percentage of marks, otherwise their candidature will be subject to disqualification.
- The PhD Degree holders whose Masters Degree Examination has been completed by 19th of September 1991 (irrespective of the date of publication of the results) will be eligible to receive a relaxation of 5% on the minimum academic percentage of marks (50% instead of 55% and so for the reserved categories) for appearing in the SET.
- Candidates aspiring to appear for the SET should apply for their specific subjects in the Masters Degree only. However for any candidate if the subjects are not mentioned above they can apply through UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice in a year.
Validity of SET Results:
The results of the SET, Rajasthan will be valid forever but limited to the state of Rajasthan only. Requisition may be made from the SET qualified candidates for the vacant positions or the upcoming positions of Lectureships in different Universities/ Colleges and Recruitment Agencies as per their specific rules and regulations.
There is no upper age limit fixed for applying for SET, Rajasthan. The candidates only need to satisfy the academic requirements in order to appear for this examination.
Rajasthan Government has decided to receive the application fees only at the E-Mitra Kiosk, CSC centre authorized by Rajasthan Government. Any other mode of payment of fees will not be accepted strictly.
The category wise fees will be as under:
1) For General/ Backward Classes/ Special Backward Classes (Creamy layer): Rs.650
2) For Backward Classes/ Special Backward Classes (Non-Creamy layer): Rs. 350
3) For SC / ST of Rajasthan State and All PH/VH candidates: Rs. 200
Note: The fees once paid will not be refunded or adjusted for any other examination of the Commission under any circumstances.
How to Apply:
All candidates are advised to fill up their application forms online only through the state government website at www.rpsconline.rajasthan.gov.in.
It is further advised to fill up the online applications as per the specific category of social status. It should be noted that Creamy layer of BC and SBC from Rajasthan as well as SC/ ST/ BC/ SBC (both creamy and non-creamy layer) are considered as General category and therefore all such candidates are advised to fill up their online application forms accordingly.
- Applications will be accepted online only. All candidates are a advised to visit the e-Mitra Kiosk at CSC centres for applying online. All candidates have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 40 towards application filing and Rs. 10 towards depositing of the examination fees. If a candidate need to review the proforma and detailed instruction of the application prior to filling up of the application online he can do so by downloading the form from the website of Rajasthan PSC at www.rpsconline.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Additionally candidates are advised to keep a print copy of the filled up online application for record and reference purpose and should ensure that all details as required in the application should be filled up as authentically and completely.
Syllabus of the Test:
The syllabus for the SET, Rajasthan will be as per the prescribed format as adopted in the UGC-CSIR NET. For all Science subjects the Paper-I will be as per the format as described for the UGC/ CSIR NET and the Paper-II will be as per the Section-B of Paper-I of CSIR and the Paper-III will be as per the Paper-II of the CSIR. (There will be three papers in total)
The details of the Syllabus can be downloaded from the following websites:
- RPSC, Ajmer – www.rpsconline.rajasthan.gov.in
- UGC NET – www.ugc.ac.in
- CSIR NET – www.csirhrdg.res.in
Last Date for Online Application:
The last date for receipt of completely filled in Online Application Form by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission is on 30-June-2012 till 12 PM. Any application received after the due date and time mentioned here will not be considered under any circumstances.
All candidates are advised to cross check this check list prior to their final submission of the Application form at the e-Mitra Kiosk.
i) Please check that you fulfil the Eligibility Conditions for the SET as far as academics are concerned
ii) Please ensure that you have duly filled all the columns of the Recruitment Form of the Online Application
iii) Please cross check that you have filled the name and code number of the subject and preferred test centres correctly
iv) Please make sure that you have filled in your Community Status correctly in the columns
v) Please do not forget to put your Photo and Signatures on the Application Form.