Vizag Steel Plant is India’s first coastal integrated Steel Plant under the control of RINL (Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited). This company has been conferred with a Navratna status from the Government of India. With the recent announcement, the Vizag Steel intends to recruit young, and self-motivated professional candidates as Junior Trainees in Vishakhapatnam Steel Plant.
Vacancy Post/ Number of Vacancies:
Junior Trainee: 366 Posts (UR-183, OBC-69, SC-59, ST-25 out of which 12 Posts are for PWD candidates)
Branch-wise Vacancies: Mechanical: 236 Posts, Electrical: 110 Posts, Instrumentation: 20 Posts
Note: Female candidates are eligible to apply in Electrical and Instrumentation Branches only.
Date of Starting Date for Online Registration: 26-December-2015
Last Date for Registration of Online Application and Remittance of Application Fee: 15-January-2016
Academic Requirements: The candidates should have passed SSC (Matriculation) with ITI (2 years of above duration)/ Diploma in Engineering in the concerned Trades/ Disciplines and should have secured at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Mechanical: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/ ITI Trade Certificate in the trades of Fitter/ Millwright/ Machinist/ Turner/ Draughtsman-Mechanical.
- Electrical: Diploma in Electrical Engineering/ ITI Trade Certificate in the Electrician trade.
- Instrumentation: Diploma in Electronics/ Electronics & Communications/ Instrumentation/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ ITI Trade Certificate in the trades of Electronics/ Instrument Mechanic.
Age of the Candidates: The candidates should have achieved at least 18 years of age and should not have crossed the max age limit of 27 years as on the scheduled date (01-December-2015). However, relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC candidates will be applicable as per rules of Central Government upon production of relevant certificates.
Health Standards: The candidates should be medically fit to carry out the tasks assigned. The minimum height is set at 150 cm (143 cm for Female candidates) and should weigh at least 50 Kgs (45 Kg for female). They should not have squint or colour-blindness and Chest measurement should be 75cm minimum (80 cm with expansion).
Period of Training: Selected candidates will have to serve the Vizag Steel Plant on 3 rotating shifts for their engagement period. Candidates will have to serve the VSP as a Trainee for an initial period of 2 years from the date of joining. On satisfactory completion of training, candidates will be considered for appointment on probation to regular post that is Technician in any Operation/ Maintenance/ Service/ Mines area.
Pay Scale and Remuneration: The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the following manner:
- 1st year of Training: Rs.10700/- per month consolidated
- 2nd year of Training: Rs.12200/- per month consolidated
- After successful completion of Training and Final Induction: In the scale of Rs.16800- Rs.24110/- in the S-3 grade in IDA pattern.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules of VSP.
- Application Fee: Rs.300/- (for General and OBC)
- Bank Commission: Maximum Rs.25/-
- The fee can be remitted in shape of a cash deposit challan in favour of “RINL Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” in any core banking branches of State Bank of India
- No other format of fee payment will however be accepted.
Mode of Selection: The selection for these posts will be done through a Written test on General Aptitude & Branch Subjects, followed by a Personal Interview at Vishakhapatnam. The VSP will short-list candidature as per its prevailing norms for Personal Interview. The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Test. Test paper will be set in bilingual in English and Telugu. Merit list will be prepared separately for each branch.
How to Apply: The interested candidates can apply through ONLINE mode of application as available at the web portal of Vizag Steel at www.vizagsteel.com as per the requisite procedure.
- The details of this advertisement can be obtained at www.vizagsteel.com/job/JTAd.pdf and should be referred invariably before filling competent applications. The candidates can apply for any one post only. Applications completed in all respect and with necessary fee deposit slip and supporting documents should be retained with the candidates for future reference and should be produced while asked by the selection Authority.