Established on 01-April, 1935, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) came into existence in India with the provision of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. As on date, RBI is the premier banking institution of India acting as the regulating authority of banking and finance in the country. Since its establishment in the year 1935, the RBI is working tirelessly to regulate the issue of Bank Notes and keeping of reserves with a view to securing monetary stability in India. The RBI generally operates the currency and credit system of the country to its advantage as per the banking regulatory norms.
Governed by a central Board of Directors, appointed by the Government of India, RBI works in the best interest of the country in controlling the foreign reserves and regulating the value of currency with respect to the currencies of other nations. The Board for Financial Supervision (BFS) guides the RBI for smooth functioning as per the RBI Act, with the main objective of maintaining price stability and ensuring adequate flow of credit to productive sectors. A job with RBI is considered to be the most respectable job in Indian banking sector. The RBI is operating presently from its headquarter in Mumbai, the financial capital of India.
With the present announcement from the Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Mumbai, 117 vacancies are notified for selection of candidature for the Positions of Officers in Grade-B cadre.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for recruitment are detailed as under:
Important Dates to Cater for:
- Opening of web-gateway for Online Registration of Application: 03-June-2014
- Closing of web-gateway for Online Registration of Application: 23-June-2014
- Payment of Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Online) can be made: From 03-June-2014 till 23-June-2014
- Payment of Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Offline) can be made: From 03-June-2014 till 26-June-2014 (Within 3 working days after submission of Online Application or by 26-June-2014, whichever is earlier)
Details of Job Position: General Officer (Grade B)
Number of vacancies: 117 vacancies (including 01 Backlog from OBC category)
Reservation against vacancies:
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15 Posts
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 08 Posts
- Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL): 36 Posts
- Unreserved: 58 Posts
- Out of these 04 Posts are reserved for PWD candidates as well
- The candidates selected for the positions of General Officers (Grade-B) will be entitled to receive emoluments in the Pay Scale of Rs.21000-Rs.36400 with other allowances and perks.
- The Gross Monthly Emolument will be approximately Rs.52517 at the time of joining as per latest norms.
- Apart from these other perquisites and allowances will be as per the norms of the bank.
Period of Probation:
- The initial appointment of General Officer (Grade-B) will be subjected to a probation period of 2 years from the date of joining. The posts will be regularized with RBI after successful completion of probation period.
- At the discretion of RBI, the probation period may extend up to 4 years at certain cases.
- The applicants selected for these posts are liable to be posted anywhere in India as per All India Service Liability (AISL)
- The applicant must have obtained a 1st Class Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all semesters/ years
- The applicant must have obtained a 2nd Class Master’s Degree with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/ years
- The applicant must have obtained a Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all semesters/ years in the Master’s Degree level
- The applicant must have obtained degree of Chartered/ Cost Accountant/ Company Secretary (ACS) with a Bachelor’s Degree of any discipline.
- The applicant must have obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Management/ MBA with a competent Bachelor’s Degree.
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates the academic norm will be relaxed up to a 2nd Class with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all semesters/ years in Bachelors Degree.
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates having a Post-graduate Degree or equivalent are also eligible to apply.
- The academics must have been obtained from a recognized university/ Institution as per the sovereign regulations of the Government of India.
- The applicants interested for these posts should have obtained a minimum age of 21 years and should not have exceeded 30 years of age as on 01-June-2014.
- The upper age limit for candidates having M.Phil. qualification will be 31 years as on the scheduled date.
- Similarly, for the candidates having Ph.D. the upper age limit will be relaxed up to 33 years with reference to the scheduled date.
- The upper age limit is also relaxed for SC/ ST/ PWD and candidates having significant Banking Industry Exposure as per standard rules of RBI.
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.100 (Intimation charges only)
- For RBI Staff: NO FEES (fees exempted)
- For all others: Rs.850 (Application fees and Intimation Charges)
- The fee can be paid online through Debit/ Credit card and through Offline mode as detailed in the website of the Reserve Bank of India.
Important Link to Website of RBI:
- The candidates are requested to log in to the portal of RBI at www.rbi.org.in to know about detailed information and updates periodically.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates can apply Online only through the website of RBI at www.rbi.org.in
- Before applying for these coveted posts, candidates should refer to the original advertisement available at http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=2836
- There is no other mode of application available
- Only those candidates who fulfill all eligibility conditions are required to submit their Online Application through the above website
- The candidates need to scan and upload their signature and recent photograph as per the provisions in the website. In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application will be rejected
- Candidate will receive registration confirmation by SMS/E-Mail after two working days from the date of payment of fees. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / E-mail address to receive the registration confirmation
- The candidate need not submit any hard copy of the certificates or age proofs at the time of submission of Online Application
- The candidates can reprint their submitted application with fee payment details, after three days from the date of fee payment till, 03-July-2014. The candidates are advised to keep a copy of their application and fee payment details to be asked by RBI during subsequent stages of selection.
- RBI Helpline (Toll Free): 1800 22 23 66 (between 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM on working days)
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>