The Government of India as per its New Education Policy has emphasized on maintaining uniform standards of teaching in the entire country. In this line the appointment of Lecturers/Assistant Professors has been standardized through a National/ State level Eligibility Test. UGC, New Delhi has been conducting the UGC-NET Examination for this purpose. As the State Governments were given an option to conduct their own State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), the Rajasthan Public Service Commission was identified as the Nodal Agency to conduct SLET for eligibility for Lectureship in colleges in Rajasthan. Candidates who qualify the Rajasthan SET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers (Assistant Professors) of the various Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided / Private) in the state of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan Public Service Commission has announced to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET) in Rajasthan for 29 subjects for the year 2013.
The details of the criteria for the Application for Rajasthan SET-2013 are as follows:
Subjects of the SET: For details log on to the website of Rajasthan Public Service Commission at http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/PDF_Reports_Files/SETAdvertisement2013.pdf
- Date of notification: 23-Oct-2013
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 23-Oct-2013
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 15-Nov-2013
- Date of examination: Will be notified later
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Masters Degree courses without rounding off.
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG Degree in related subjects. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD)
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19th September 1991 and they have attained minimum 50% marks in their Master’s Degree level.
- Candidates shall appear to the Rajasthan SET in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET, which is held twice a year.
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
- No upper age limit
Validity of SET:
- For lectureship eligibility, the SET certificate is valid for that particular State only and forever. There is no maximum validity period.
- for General/ OBC/SBC(Creamy layer) Category: Rs. 750
- for OBC/SBC(Creamy layer) Category from Rajasthan: Rs. 450
- for SC/ST from Rajasthan and all PWD Category: Rs. 300
The candidates are advised to refer to the Instructions for Candidates (date 01-Jan-2013) for Form filling process and other guidelines on RPSC website
How to Apply:
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the RPSC at http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above website at http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/PDF_Reports_Files/SETAdvertisement2013.pdf
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload his photo and signature at appropriate spaces on Online Application
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected
- Photographs and signatures should be uploaded on the website of RPSC during filling of application form.
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application keep that with him for future reference
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all papers. The candidate who does not appear in any paper will not be permitted to appear in the next paper.
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.
- For any other guidance/ information/clarification regarding this test please contact with Commission’s special counter or contact on Telephone No. 0145-5151200 and 5151240.