Go For A Fortunate Career As A Technician In Indian Railways Through Centralized Recruitment Of RRBs
Date of Publication: June 16, 2012 | Centralized Employment Notice No: 04/2012
Date of Written Examination: December 16, 2012
Indian Railways jobs has always enticed Indians for its high profile structure, convenient working patterns, apposite remunerations and associated job security as a government profile of Job. Jobs in Indian Railways have always been adored as one of the highly respectable jobs with much advanced pay packages and facilities with perks. As one of the largest employers of the world Indian Railways has always been on the top of recruiters.
In continuation to its search of competent professionals from the young and educated mass of Indian, Indian Railway has recently published a notification for procurement of technicians at a centralized cadre. Through this notification, Indian Railways is going for selection of competent professionals for its different levels of operation as Technicians and it is expected to select the candidates on a national basis by all the RRBs with a coordinated effort.
The details of the notification and the eligibility criteria for applications and other important details of the job profiles are mentioned as under:
Cadre of the vacant positions:
- TECHNICIANS in Grade-II and Grade-III for specific operations like Signals, Wireless, Telecomm, Electrical, Switch Board Attendant, Air compressor Driver, Crane Driver (Electrical and Mechanical), TLF, ELF, Lineman, Diesel (Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical), Fitter, Bridge Erector, Welder, Shelter, Carpenter, Plumber, Grinder, Millwright, Refrigeration, Blacksmith, Masons, Riveter, Lutter-cum-Aligner, Polisher, Hammer man, Meltor man, Furnace, Offset printing, Binding, composing, etc.
Total Number of vacancies: 12042
This national level of recruitment is to be held for filling up of vacancies at various levels of requirements across India and is tentatively figured at a total of 12042. Out of this 1889 are reserved for SC, 1355 for ST, 2991 for OBC candidates. Out of the total vacancies the Ex-Servicemen are also eligible for reservation under specific categories, comprehending a total of 1114 numbers of vacancies.
The vacancies for OBC category also includes 4.5% quota for minorities as per the provision of the Government of India.
Download Application Form: To Apply To Technician In Indian Railways Through Centralized Recruitment Of RRBs | Note: This Form is valid for All RRBs Ref., CEN 04/2012
The proposed pay scale for the vacancies as mentioned above will be as per the following:
- TECHNICIAN- Grade-II – pay scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20,200 with grade pay of Rs.2400
- For All other posts of TECHNICIAN- Grade-III – A pay scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20,200 with a grade pay of Rs.1900.
Apart from the basic pay scale the candidates selected for such positions will be eligible to get TA, DA, HRA, Accommodation, Special duty allowances, Contributory PF, leave Encashment, Leave benefits and other facilities as per the prevailing rules and recommendations by the Indian railways.
Starting date and announcement of notification as well as acceptance of Application forms: June 16, 2012
Closing date of acceptance of application form for all: July 16, 2012 up to 1730 Hours
Closing date for acceptance of application forms for candidates belonging to scheduled far flung areas as per the notification of the Government: July 31, 2012 up to 1730 Hours
As per the norms specified by the Government of India, there will be reservation of vacancies against special class of people.
- Out of the total numbers of vacancies of 12042 positions, 1889 are reserved for SC, 1355 posts are reserved for ST, and 2991 posts are reserved for OBC candidates. Out of the total vacancies the Ex-Servicemen are also eligible for reservation under specific categories, comprehending a total of 1114 numbers of vacancies.
- The reservations will be applicable for physically handicapped candidates under each specific category and the details of which can be obtained from the comprehensive details of vacancies notified at the Railway Recruitment Boards at their respective websites.
- The total number of intimated vacancies may change as per the requirement of Indian Railways.
- The candidates have to compete on an all India basis for recruitment into selected posts
The application fees will be applicable for all candidates except the candidates belonging to SC, ST, Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minorities and Economically backward sections (whose average yearly income is less than Rs.50000)
For TECHNICIAN – Grade-II – Rs. 60 (Rupees Sixty only)
For TECHNICIAN – Grade-III – Rs.40 (Rupees Forty only)
The application fees can be paid in form of Crossed Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order in favor of “Assistant Secretary / Secretary / Member Secretary / Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board” of the RRB concerned and the Demand Drafts/ IPOs should be payable at city of the concerned RRBs. Additionally the DD/ IPO should not be procured earlier than the date of publication of notification of this advertisement.
Remittance of application fees in any other form except the DD/ IPO will not be entertained.
- 1. AGE:
The interested candidate should be within the age group of 18-30 years and would be reckoned as on July 01, 2012. The upper age limit for privileged class will be relaxed as per the norms of the government for specific categories of recruitment. (For details log on to the website of the RRBs concerned)
In any case the candidates should not have been born after July 01,1994.
- 2. Academics:
The interested candidate should possess Matriculation with two years ITI certificate/ Diploma/ Intermediate Certificate as dimmed for specific positions as advertised.
For certain recruitment areas where matriculation with ITI has been prescribed are required qualification, Diploma/ Degree in Engineering will not be entertained.
For exact notification regarding academic requirements for specific job positions under Grade-II and Grade-III of TECHNICIAN recruitment candidates can refer to the complete notification published on the website of the concerned RRBs.
- For Academics Certificates issued by other than state/ central board should accompany with a copy of the government notification ensuring their equivalency with the standards of Matriculation and Intermediate Science, as the case is.
- For consideration of claims under the OBC class the applications should be enclosed with a certificate from a competent authority from the state/ central government as per the format prescribed with the advertisement. No other forms of certificate will be accepted as a support for the claim.
The selection of the posts will be done by the process of Written Examination followed by the Verification of Original Documents in respect of the claimed age, academics and caste as well as any other special claims.
The candidates are advised to choose their preferred language for written examination while submitting the application form.
There will be negative marking in the written examination and for each wrong answer @1/3 marks will be deducted.
The candidates are allowed to apply for multiple posts with the common/ separate application form as designed by the RRBs. However it should be noted that the Written Examination will be held on the same date across the country. Thus, for applicants applying for multiple posts should select accordingly their preferred job positions.
Medical Fitness Test:
Medical fitness test will be conducted for different category of posts as per their specific requirements.
How to Apply:
- All aspirants have to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the website/ with Rozgar samachar/ with Employment news.
- The candidate must fill in all respective spaces of information as required on the Application Form in his own handwriting
- The candidates should offer their running signature in the application. Signatures in capital letters will not be accepted.
- A passport size recent color photograph must be affixed with the application at the designated space
- With all required enclosure and the application fee Draft/ IPO (only for those who are advised to pay the fees) may be sent to the address of the concerned RRBs by general post only / by hand at such a date that the detailed Application should reach the designated address on or before July 16, 2012 up to 1730 hours.
- Free Railways pass for travel to Written Examination Centre and Document Verification Center will be issued to candidates belonging to SC/ST community only upon proper submission of caste certificate by them during application.
- RRBs reserve the right to change/ alter the notification, selection procedure or the criteria as and when required.
Check list for Applicants:
- Application form duly filled in and signed with photo affixed
- Information sheet duly filled in and signed
- Valid IPO/ Demand Draft which has been prepared after the date of publication of notification
- One copy of identical photo of the candidate stitched to the application other than the one fixed on the application
- Certificate in support of Date of Birth
- Certificate in support of prescribed Academic Qualification or Technical Qualification
- Caste Certificate in prescribed format as required (for SC, ST, OBC categories)
- Discharge Certificate (for Ex-Service persons)
- Certificate in support of claim against positions for Persons with Disabilities
- Certificate in support of claiming relaxation in Medical standards
- NOC (NO Objection Certificate from competent authorities if the candidate is a government employee/ railway employee
- Economically backward section certificate as per the format mentioned
- Minority self declaration
- Photocopy of the heavy driving license as required against such categories
For more detail on this advertisement please refer to Railway Recruitment 2012: 12042 Vacancies – Centralised Employment Notice No: 04/2012
- All certificates whose photocopies are being submitted along with the application form should invariably self attested and stitched firmly with the application form.
- Strict disciplinary actions will be taken for the candidates found to be involved in personification and canvassing as well as practicing other unfair means.
- The decision of Chairman of the Railway Recruitment Boards will be final and binding on all applicants.
RRB has not appointed any agent(s) or coaching center(s) for action on its behalf. Candidates are warned against any such claims being made by persons/agencies. Candidates are selected purely as per merit. Please beware of unscrupulous elements and do not fall in their trap. Candidates attempting to influence RRB directly or indirectly shall be disqualified and legal action can be initiated against them. Candidates are strongly suggested to contact only the official website of RRBs as mentioned below