Incorporated in the year 1906, National Insurance Company (NIC) was a part of the country’s Swadeshi Movement as an expression of the Indian aspiration to establish a strong indigenous Company even in the midst of foreign rule. Along with national Insurance Company, there are several other public sector undertaking companies offering general insurance companies in operation in India. The most prominent names are Oriental Insurance Company Limited, The United India Insurance Company Limited, and The National Insurance Company Limited. All these four Public Sector General Insurance Companies are accounted for a combined human resource base of 65651 having 6116 offices/business centres in all corners of the Country with total Premium Income of Rs.35000 crores for the year 2012-13.
NIC has been a consistent Market Leader and has been entrusted to recruit almost 1434 positions of Administrative Officers in all these 4 General Insurance Companies in India. These Officers will be selected from the disciplines of Finance, Automobile Engineering, IT, Legal and Agricultural Specializations and for General Disciplines. The NIC will conduct the assessment test and select the candidates to join as Assistants in the General Insurance companies in India.
The details of the requirement are as follows:
Cadre of Recruitment:
Administrative Officers: Total 1434 positions (SC-211, ST-104, OBC-405, UR-714)
- National Insurance Co. Ltd.: Total 423 positions (SC-62, ST-41, OBC-113, PWD-12 & UR-207)
- The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.: Total 494 Positions (SC-75, ST-27, OBC-137, PWD-28 and UR-255)
- Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.: Total 223 Positions (SC-30, ST-14, OBC-76 (including 17 Backlog), PWD-As per rules & UR-103)
- United India Insurance Co. Ltd.: Total 294 Positions (SC-44, ST-22, OBC-79, PWD-09 & UR-149)
- Note: Reservation for PWD candidates will be done on horizontal basis as per rules. For state-wise vacancies, please refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.nationalinsuranceindia.com/nicWeb/nic/downloads/Recruitment%20of%20Admin%20Officers%202013.pdf
Most Important Dates:
- Publication of Advertisement in Employment News: 14-July-2013
- Date for Commencement of Online Application: 16-July-2013
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 03-August-2013
- Dates for Payment of Application Fees: 17-July-2013 till 07-August-2013
- Date of Written Examination: 08-September-2013
- Download of Exam Call letters: Prior to 7 days of examination
The candidates selected for these posts will be inducted in a Basic pay of Rs.17240 in the scale of Rs.17240-Rs.32640 and other admissible allowance as applicable. Total emoluments will be above Rs.34000 in Metropolitan Centers
Details of Eligibility Criteria:
The applicants must not have crossed 30 years and should be above 21 years of age as on 31-July-2013
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for ST candidates as per rules.
The applicant must have the following qualification as per specializations:
- Finance: Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAI)/ Cost Accountant (ICWA)/ M.Com./B.Com. with MBA (Finance).
- Marketing: Must have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline plus MBA with specialization in Marketing
- Engineering: Must have B.Tech/B.E in any Engineering branch
- Automobile Engineering: Must have B.Tech/B.E in Automobile Engineering OR Graduate in Mechanical Engineering with PG Diploma (at least one year duration) in Automobile Engineering.
- Information Technology: Must have B. Tech / B.E in Information Technology / Computer Science.
- Agriculture Specialist: Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Science.
- Librarian: Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science.
- Legal: Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Generalist: Must have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Language Proficiency:
The candidates should essentially have ability to communicate (both orally and/or in writing) in local Language of the particular state.
The newly appointed candidates as Administrative Officers (Scale-I) will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end the performance of the newly recruited will be evaluated and the probation period may be extended if the Company feels so.
Service Guarantee Bond:
Before joining as probationer, the selected candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve the Company for a minimum period of four years including probationary period.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test and Personal Interview.
- The decision of the NIC will be Final and Binding on the selection
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs.170 only (including Rs.20 as bank charges)
- For Other candidates: Rs.470 only (including Rs.20 as bank charges)
- The fee can be paid through a fee Payment challan (can be downloaded from the website of NIC) in any branch of State Bank of India in cash only in Account no.32968716721 in favor of “NATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY LTD‟
- After 3 days from date of receipt of fees, the candidate can check their application status in the website and take a printout of the complete application and fees payment challan which should be retained by them for future reference.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates, who fulfil the above eligibility criteria can apply through appropriate Online Application Form available at the website of the National Insurance Company at http://www.nationalinsuranceindia.com
- The aspirants should take care to fill in all details as indicated by the Application Form, failure of which may subject to rejection of candidature
- The completed application form along with all photocopies of credential and challan form must be retained with the candidates for future reference.
- Scanned copy of the signature and photograph must be uploaded to the website during submission of application
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- The vacancies intimated are provisional and the Management of NIC reserves the right to fill or not to fill the positions without assigning any reason thereof.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>