Year of Establishment: 1949
The Kerala Board of Public Examinations works as the Department of General Education of the state government of Kerala. It is the part of the state’s education department and has all powers to conduct two important exams for the secondary school children viz., SSLC and HCLC. There are 173,807 teachers working and 4,845,931 students studying under this board from class I to class X.
Pattern of the Board
The board conducts two exams-
- SSLC- Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination.
- HCLC Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination.
The board offers both English and Malayalam media of instruction.
Divisions of the Board
In order to administer the functioning of the board smoothly, the state is divided into 14 revenue districts. These districts are monitored by Deputy Directors of education. Each revenue district is further divided into Educational districts and further more into educational sub districts.
There are 36 educational districts and 161 educational districts under the control of KBPE – Kerala Board of Public Examinations.
- Every District Educational Office is led by District Education officer.
- Each sub district office is headed by Assistant Educational Officer.
- The DEO takes care of high school administration.
- AEO administers all primary schools.
Objectives of the Board
- Development of children both physically and mentally.
- Growth of facilities pertaining to education in the state.
- Academic up-gradation of students with enhancement in studies.
- To improve the equity and quality of education at all levels in schools.
- SC/ST/OEC and converted Christians from SC/ST/OEC are given a concession in annual fee or provided with stipend so that, they can pursue the higher education.
- Students from backward communities with the annual income of their parents, less than 20000 INR are given concession in fee with the only condition that the students should be Karalee.
Achievements of the Board
- There are 12310 schools out of which 6726 are lower primary schools, 2968 are upper primary schools and 2580 are high schools.
- 83% of the schools in Kerala are provided with good infrastructure.
- 84% of government schools have drinking water arrangements made in the schools.
- 85% are well equipped with clean toilets and latrines.
- Overall achievement of the board can be summarized from the physical and basic facilities it can offer to the students as part of their education.
Girl Education: In Kerala the number of girl students is almost equal to that of number of boy students. The percentage of girls enrolled is 49.1%. The board has achieved a very good margin in the girl education which is by far the most impressive among many boards in the country.
- Almost every village of the state has at least 5 primary schools.
- There are 6726 primary schools in total.
- 2968 upper primary schools are present all over the state.
- 61.07% of the schools are aided by private institutions.
- 2.98% of the institutions are private unaided institutions.
- 39.5% of schools are government schools.
KERALA BOARD OF PUBLIC EXAMINATION
Pareeksha Bhawan, Poojappura,
Tel. 91-471-341171, 325106
KERALA BOARD OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
- Education Department, Government of Kerala
- Department of General Education, Government of Kerala
- Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala
- Pareeksha Bhavan (SSLC Examination Government of Kerala)
- Kerala Examination Results
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>