A Galloping Opportunity To Set Up A New Facet To Indian Broadcasting – Prasar Bharati Recruitment
Working with major public sector undertakings (PSUs) of India is a challenge and an opportunity for people. After finishing their education in different streams, candidates apply for jobs after waiting for a right option to come across.
Prasar Bharti is one of India’s leading public broadcasters with All India Radio and Doordarshan networks. Set up in 1997, under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, the corporation has spearheaded the national channel in radio and television.
To carry out broadcasting services, it recruits various technical and programming staff at regular intervals. But in the last 15 years, there haven’t been any recruitments, consequently, giving a severe setback to the manpower and growth of the company. In the face of stiff competition from private broadcasters, who do everything in their bit to glamorise their shows, such lack of manpower meant depreciation in the technical and innovation facade. There was an urgent need to put a correction to such a deficiency and inclusion of more skilled people into the broadcasting stations was long overdue.
It was not until recently that new posts have been sanctioned and Prasar Bharti has announced recruitment of 1150 jobs in different departments of Programming and Technical wings of both Doordarshan and All India Radio. This is a step that is a direct result of two very important decisions ratified by the government such as:
- Sanction and approval of 3452 essential category posts by Group of Ministers (GoM) which was chaired by the Finance Minister of India Mr. P Chidambaram in 2011.
- Financial restructuring where a waiver of Rs 120.71 billion was brought into force
As a result of such major decisions on part of the government, which was instrumented by Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Smt. Ambika Soni, these posts have been put into advertisement by Prasar Bharati.
A total of about 1150 posts will be filled up in the first phase, out of the sanctioned 3452 posts, which would take about 6 more months to complete.
The 1,150 vacancies include Administrative Staff, Assistant Station Directors, Camerapersons, Engineering Assistants, Production Assistants, Programme Executives, Technicians, and Transmission Executives, as Prasar Bharati officials said.
Most of the posts belong to Group B and C which would be filled up by SSC while others would be filled up by the Prasar Bharati Recruitment Board.
Major Credentials Those are Expected to Take the First Batch of Recruitment:
- Under the recruitment drive, important posts, those are planned to be filled up are such as Assistant Station Directors, Engineering Assistants, Assistant Director (Programme), Transmission Executives, Programme Executives, Production Assistants, Camerapersons, Technicians, and administrative staff.
- Majority of these posts belong to the Group B & C, the recruitment of which would be carried out by Staff Selection Commission, while some more would be filled up by Prasar Bharti Recruitment Board directly.
According to the broadcaster, these are posts which are instrumental and critical in running various stations, which were not functioning properly without programming and technical staff. Along with helping tide over the long standing manpower shortage, the recruitment will bring on board, more experience into the teams, thereby giving better standard of competition with private broadcasters and improve the content quality.
Along with new faces in the stations, promotions of various staff persons will be expedited, some of whom have been in the same post for the last 15-20 years. Recruitment drive is bringing in better organisation of the Prasar Bharti, with creation of seven zones, contrary to the existing 12 zones for AIR, 6 zones for DD and 5 zones for Engineering wings of both AIR & DD. This is an entire new chapter in the life span of All India Radio and Doordarshan, which offers a whole new facet to India’s leading public sector broadcaster.
We shall be updating you guys on every bit of information on Upcoming Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2012 0 2013 at below mentioned Address;
- Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2012 2013 @ http://employmentnews.indialist.org/category/prasar-bharati-recruitment/
- All India Radio Recruitment 2012 2013 @ http://employmentnews.indialist.org/category/all-india-radio-recruitment/
- Doordarshan Recruitment 2012 2013 @ http://employmentnews.indialist.org/category/doordarshan-recruitment/