Punjab Public Service Commission invites online application from eligible candidates for the posts of Medical Officers (General) in the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Punjab.
- Closing Date for Online submission of Application Form: February 10, 2014
- Closing Date of depositing the Application fees through Challan: February 13, 2014
- Closing Date for submission of Hard Copy of the duly filled Application: February 21, 2014
- Date of Competitive Examination: March 02, 2014 (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
Name of the Post: Medical Officers (General)
Total Number of Vacancies: 256
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and maximum 38 years as on January 01, 2014
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100 + 5400 Grade Pay + NPA+ Allowance
Educational Qualification As on February 10, 2014:
- Candidates must possess M.B.B.S.
- Candidate should be registered with the Punjab Medical Council or with any other duly constituted Medical Council in India and having Knowledge of Punjabi Language of Matriculation Standard or its equivalent.
Application & Examination Fee:
- For SC/ ST of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab: Rs. 1125/- [Online Application Charge- Rs. 500/- + Examination Fee- Rs. 625/-]
- For Ex-Servicemen of Punjab: Rs. 500/- [Online Application Charge- Rs. 500/- + Examination Fee- NA]
- For All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab): Rs. 3000/- [Online Application Charge- Rs. 500/- + Examination Fee- Rs. 2500/-]
- For Physically Handicapped, Punjab: Rs. 1750/- [Online Application Charge- Rs. 500/- + Examination Fee- Rs. 1250/-]
Candidates are suggested to pay the fee in form of Bank Challan through any branch of State Bank of Patiala.
Selection Process: Selection process will be based on written Competitive Examination (150 questions of 300 marks) and the Viva-Voce of 40 marks.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
Eligible candidates may apply online through official website of PPSC. Candidates are suggested to take print out of completed online submitted application form and send it along with copy of PPSC copy of Bank Challan form, and all requested documents (copy of self attested certificates) to the office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission.
For more information on this recruitment such as relaxation in age limit, reservation of posts, selection procedure, syllabus for written examination, instruction for filling of online application form, course of action, and other general notes, please refer to official advertisement from PPSC, here http://ppsc.gov.in/html/med14.asp