Punjab Public Service Commission is the precursor of Joint Service commission that is running from Khyber Pass to Jamuna near Delhi. They came into existence on 1 May 1937 when partition took place at Shimla with revised jurisdiction extend over the provision of East Punjab. Following the merger of Pepsu and Punjab, shifted to Patiala in the year 1956. The terrorist jurisdiction got again reduced in 1966 with the formulation of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
Name of Post:
Application has been invited for the post ‘Section Officer’ in Department of Finance (Treasuries & Account).
Total Number of Vacancies:
Total number of vacancies offered for the Post is 126.
Advertisement Date- 2 April 2013
Last Date of Filling Online Application Form- 23 April 2013
Last Date of Receipt of Application form (Hard Copy) – 30 April 2013
Competitive written Exam Paper 1st and 2nd Date- 12 May 2013
Criteria are based on educational qualification and Nationality. The candidates must have an M.Com Degree in first Division and should be Punjabi of Matrix or equivalent standard.
Age Limit: As on January 01, 2013
Individual should attain the age limit of 18 years and should not exceed more than 38 years. Relaxations have been provided till 48 years for all State & Central Government employees and physically challenged candidates, 43 years for all SC/ST & Widows/divorced/ other category women candidates.
Pay scale offered for the post of section Officer Range from Rs. 10300 to Rs. 34800 plus 5000 grade pay.
Application Fee & How to:
Payment should be made only through Demand Draft at any branch of State Bank of Patiala. Rs.625 is charged to SC/ST candidates, Rs. 2500 to all other categories and Rs. 1250 to physically handicap.
The Selection of the candidates will be based on Competitive Written exam conducted by the commissary as per the syllabus offered by the Department of Finance. The Exam will comprise of two papers that will be conducted on the same day for 90 Minutes duration.
Mode of Application:
Only Online mode for filling Application form is acceptable.
How to Apply:
To apply for specific post certain procedure is required to be followed like-
- Fill the Online application form by visiting the official site.
- Online form will get expired within 30 minutes. Hence all the relevant details along with uploading file should be done before the session ends.
- A valid email ID & Mobile number is required to be maintained by each candidate. This can be shared among two or more candidates and by this ID all future correspondence will be made.
- Scanned copy or photograph and signature of the candidates are required to be submitted later with form.
- A computer generated application is required to be saved for future references.
For more information on the same, individual can refer to www.ppsc.gov.in/html/seco13.asp.