POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,05,343 circuit kms of transmission lines with 178 Sub-stations (as on 28-Feb-2014) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of 13,329 Crore and Net Profit of 4235 Crore (FY: 2012-13).
To take the growth to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and young professionals to join its fold as Deputy Manager and Senior Engineer in Electrical disciplines with rich professional experience in the area of HVDC, with the present advertisement.
The details of the vacancies and the procedures for application are detailed as under:
- Opening Date of Online Application: 31-May-2014
- Last Date & Time of Online Application: 27-Jun-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Last Date of Receipt of Hard Copy of Application with all supporting: 17-Jul-2014
- Base Date for computation of Age, Post Qualification & Experience: 27-Jun-2014
Mode of Application: Online only
Details of Job Positions:
Name of the Post: Deputy Manager (Electrical) [Grade-E4]
- Post ID: 102
- Number of Positions: 05 Posts (UR-03, OBC-NCL-02)
- Essential Qualification: The candidates must have completed BE/ B.Tech/ BSc(Engg)/ AMIE in Electrical/ Electrical(Power)/ Power Systems Engineering or equivalent with at least 60% marks. Candidates having M.Tech or Ph.D. in Power System Analysis or Power System Engineering are desirable for these posts.
- Experience: Should have a post qualification experience of 9 years in Executive/ Gazetted Officer cadre, of which at least 3 years in any of the following pay grades of IDA@ Rs.13750 – Rs.18700 (pre revised) / Rs.29100 – Rs.54500 (Revised) Or Government @ Rs.10000 – Rs.15200 (pre revised) / Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 (Grade Pay Rs.6600) (revised)
Post qualification experience of 2 years in SVC/ STATCOM/ HVDC substation in Engineering/ Construction/ System testing & commissioning/ Operation & Maintenance is required for these posts.
- Pay Scale: Rs.32900 – Rs.58000 with other perks and incentives. Approximate CTC will be Rs.17.8 Lakhs per annum.
- Max Age Limit: A candidate should not exceed max age of 39 Years as on 27-June-2014.
Name of the Post: Sr. Engineer (Electrical) [E-3 Grade]
- Post ID: 103
- Number of Positions: 10 Posts (UR-07, OBC-NCL-01, SC-02 and PWD-01)
- Essential Qualification: The candidates should have obtained BE/ B.Tech/ BSc(Engg)/ AMIE in Electrical/ Electrical(Power)/ Power Systems Engineering or equivalent with at least 60% marks. Candidates having M.Tech or Ph.D. in Power System Analysis or Power System Engineering are desirable for these posts.
- Experience: Should have a post qualification experience of 6 years in Executive/ Gazetted Officer cadre, of which at least 3 years in any of the following pay grades of IDA@ Rs.12000 – Rs.17500 (pre revised) / Rs.24900 – Rs.50500 (Revised) Or Government @ Rs.8000 – Rs.13500 (pre revised) / Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 (Grade Pay Rs.5400) (revised)
- Post qualification experience of 2 years in SVC/ STATCOM/ HVDC substation in Engineering/ Construction/ System testing & commissioning/ Operation & Maintenance is required for these posts.
- Pay Scale: Rs.29100 – Rs.54500 with other perks and incentives. Approximate CTC will be Rs.15.8 Lakhs per annum
- Max Age Limit: A candidate should not exceed max age of 36 Years as on 27-Jun-2014
- Teaching experience and Training period will not be counted as experience
- Candidates currently employed in Public Sector/Government establishments are advised to produce NOC at the time of interview.
The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
- The selection process shall consist of Scrutiny of applications, Written Test and Personal Interview of shortlisted candidates.
- Minimum qualifying marks will be 40% for UR category and 30% for others in Written Test.
- Candidates shall have the option to be interviewed in Hindi /English.
Application Fee (non-refundable):
- For UR and OBC (Non-Creamy layer): Rs.400
- For SC, ST, PWD & Ex-Servicemen: Fees Exempted
- The fees can be paid in shape of a non-refundable A/C Payee Demand Draft in favor of “Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.”, payable at New Delhi (preferably drawn on State Bank of India)
How to Apply:
- Interested eligible candidates should apply ONLINE only through the website of POWERGRID at www.powergridindia.com.
- Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement as available at http://www.powergridindia.com/_layouts/PowerGrid/WriteReadData/file/jobopportunities/CC/2014/102_103/Advt_102_103.pdf, before applying online.
- Demand Draft is non refundable even if the candidature is rejected for any reason
- The application Form should be completed in all respect.
- The application and the enclosures should be sent to the address mentioned below in an envelope By Ordinary Post only so as to reach by 11-Jul-2014:
- Any other means to send application like Courier, Speed Post, Registered Post will not be accepted and the candidature may be rejected
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “Application for the post of __________________, Post ID-________”
- Address to send the Completed Application Form:
The Advertiser (POWERGRID)
Post Box No. 9248
Krishna Nagar Head Post Office
Delhi – 110051
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>